Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Starscape

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Noctiilucent

Noctiilucent had been appreciative of the few quiet moments that passed between them. The calm demeanor of the stag was intriguing to her in a way. There was a wild sort of chaos to him, and yet he stood like a finely carved sculpture before her. His eyes danced with amusement and mischief. Nocti had known the look well, it was one she had worn in her youth. Noctiilucent too appreciated his smile nearly as much as his scent. He was in all senses of the description for an anticipated storm. His next words shattered her sense of serenity. The world around her splintered as if the world around her had been made of glass. The illusion of large cracks in the horizon formed before her and the world fell away. Her pupils dilated at the mention of her homeland, his fond tones as he spoke of Reth. Noctiilucent could feel her heart speed up, but she maintained most of her composure. Crumbling before a foreign creature would do her homeland an injustice. No matter how she felt about Reth now, it would always be her home and continue to influence who she was. "Yes, I am of Reth. I am the Ashes of the Sun by title. Told that I had been blessed by Solomnus, and punished by Xamis." Noctiilucent explained, though did not indulge him the details of her past.

The mysterious stranger allowed her to know his name. Reichenbach. Noctiilucent finally had a name for this city she'd found herself in. Before the king, and her feelings of unease crept up once more. Her intrigued demeanor had quickly shifted from casual to guarded. "I'd be sore to think that Xamis had sent you to punish me. You are the second king I have found myself before in my life." She murmured distantly to him. Her focus was still on him, but her mind drifted to the fond memories of her beloved friend. He had been taken from her violently by Xamis, there was no doubt in the Gods of Reth. "Noctiilucent." Nocti introduced herself, focused intently on his words when he spoke again. He knew of their moniker, and she could hardly be surprised. The inhabitants of Reth were familiar with their alleged notoriety that surpassed distance effortlessly. 

He spoke again with a strange fondness as if he'd had some connection before meeting her. Noctis's abrupt cold demeanor returned to one of intrigue. It was still guarded, but her interest had not been thwarted by his knowledge of her home. "I can't say that I am surprised that you know of us. It was a commonly held belief that our domain's reputation quashed distance. Yet still, do I sense a familiarity with your words for Reth? As for similar values, perhaps this is what I am looking for. I abandoned my home in Reth and left my Gods behind to start over. I can't dream of thrusting my life into a completely foreign realm. I am far to acquainted with violence and aesthetic to be able to acclimate elsewhere. I apologize for my caution, I am hesitant to ask for a home from you until I know if you have heard of my past. That is something I have chosen to abandon."

"Speech"
Notes: I'm so sorry for the wait! I am really excited you included some of her history into the thread <3 I'd love for her to befriend Reich ^^
Tags: @Reichenbach 
Words: 545

Hold onto Me
When you think you're sinking

Messages In This Thread
Starscape - by Noctiilucent - 01-15-2018, 09:50 PM
RE: Starscape - by Reichenbach - 01-17-2018, 10:48 PM
RE: Starscape - by Noctiilucent - 01-22-2018, 04:47 PM
RE: Starscape - by Reichenbach - 01-29-2018, 10:49 PM
RE: Starscape - by Noctiilucent - 02-17-2018, 06:45 PM
RE: Starscape - by Reichenbach - 02-19-2018, 06:02 AM
RE: Starscape - by Noctiilucent - 04-03-2018, 01:33 PM