Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Starscape

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Noctiilucent

Noctiilucent was starting to get the feeling that Reichenbach was a clever being, he did not change his demeanor nearly as drastically as she had. But there was a flicker of recognition in his features, or maybe she had imagined it. The king admitted to her that he knew nothing of her past and that his connection with Reth was another former soldier. Noctiilucent's curiosity swam into her features, she could hardly contain it. Her curiosity had led her down many perilous paths in her life. Yet she still fell to its temptation each time it attempted to consume her. "I don't believe that my past being absent from your knowledge is unfortunate by any means. It's better you form your own opinion of me than what you hear from the mouths spat by those who may have ill intentions. No one is free of bias no matter how much they preach and shriek they are." Noctii spoke cooly, but the bitter tones were not intended for the smoke-scented king. Her voice remained hushed for a few more moments, trying to delay the gratification of indulging her curiosity. "Do you recall this son's name?" The golden maiden asked him, her hunger for knowledge clear in the way she asked him. Noctiilucent never dared to sound disrespectful to others, even when her questions came as sharp as the violent claws of some predatory monstrosity.

Reichenbach told her next that if she came to abandon her past, that Denocte was the proper place for it. She was to be embraced by a foreign entity, and accept that she would lose her identity as a Daughter of Reth. At least to everyone but the king. A smile tugged at the corners of her lips, but it was coy in nature. The irony of this fact amused her. She'd accepted her loss of identity long before leaving her homeland. The ochre bronc invited her to stroll the streets of the night with his partner, Isorath. Noctiilucent had made up her mind in these few moments that he spoke. The king simply accepted her wishes, though she had a feeling he may be curious about this mysterious past of hers. The waves of his hair fell to the whim of gravity as he tilted his head when finishing his question for her. "In celebration of a symbolic rebirth, then yes. I'm honored to accept your offer and look forward to meeting your partner. I don't believe you'd keep unpleasant company.  Yet I would speculate we're both equally curious about the other. I will indulge you alone in tales of Reth if you wish. But they are not to be spoken into the ears of another. An example of my trust to you, please swear to tread cautiously with my trust, and I will ensure my undying loyalty and ferocity to and for Denocte."

"Speech"
Notes: Awesome! Sorry again for the delay. Thank you for being patient! I'm also totally down for Isorath jumping in if you'd both like! But tagging for the mention as well <3
Tags: @Reichenbach  @Isorath 
Words: 478

Hold onto Me
When you think you're sinking

Messages In This Thread
Starscape - by Noctiilucent - 01-15-2018, 09:50 PM
RE: Starscape - by Reichenbach - 01-17-2018, 10:48 PM
RE: Starscape - by Noctiilucent - 01-22-2018, 04:47 PM
RE: Starscape - by Reichenbach - 01-29-2018, 10:49 PM
RE: Starscape - by Noctiilucent - 02-17-2018, 06:45 PM
RE: Starscape - by Reichenbach - 02-19-2018, 06:02 AM
RE: Starscape - by Noctiilucent - 04-03-2018, 01:33 PM