Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Horizon

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 301 — Threads: 41
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

Never trust the story teller.
He was never sarcastic before. Before, in the grey-sky days, with the people that did not write, or name their land, or lift objects with their mind. Sarcasm is a new development-- the sandpaper people here have sharpened his tongue, pricked him where he was once smooth, blue-grey, endlessly calm. As the young man responds serious and straightforward to his poor jab at the artist's interpretation, Eik snorts softly, a sound that is somehow amused and self-deprecating and apologetic all at once.

"No, I am just a blasphemer. I figure he isn't listening anyway." Blasphemy is a word he only learned recently- it is a word that he is drawn to, one of those rare words that you can say over and over again and it doesn't devolve into odd meaningless sounds mushed together.

A casual roll of his shoulder;

(careful now)

it would almost seem as though he is trying to provoke the god, and why not? He isn't afraid of god's wrath, if it would help him know what to believe in... There might be something like desperation in his soul, but it is hard to tell- he hides it well.

I saw one, once... A god, I mean

Serious and still, he looks to the young man, to the uncertainty that runs across his features, and he grasps at a sense of genuinity he has not felt in some time. For so long he has looked at the world through a lens dirtied by the soot and filth of misfortune and mania. But when he looks at Saoirse now, the man's nervous uncertainty seems to him like the first real thing he has seen in a very long time. There is something pure here, some element of youth that is impossible to remember, because it can never live in memories.

Eik softens, somewhat, but maintains an almost eerie seriousness. "How did you know it was a god?" He asks, with curiosity and not disbelief- he knows well enough that even the things people call madness, and the things that cannot be explained, those are just as true as the sunrise each morning. Dreams, belief, psychosis, all of it is real in one way or another. He has never denied or discarded the experience of another.

Only trust the story.
- E I K

@Saoirse is so cute :3 sorry this post is all over the place!

Time makes fools of us all

Messages In This Thread
Horizon - by Saoirse - 01-29-2018, 03:01 PM
RE: Horizon - by Eik - 02-02-2018, 01:49 PM
RE: Horizon - by Saoirse - 02-03-2018, 10:05 PM
RE: Horizon - by Eik - 02-10-2018, 02:04 PM