Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - !! Words Like Little Toy Guns [Relic Contest]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Noxia

Noxia
And it only hurts when I'm breathing
My heart only breaks when it's beating
The shadows danced. It was eery, yes, but also strangely comforting. She sighed,  trying to get each of her muscles to relax. Yet, they were still so taught - so uncertain of everything which might possibly be around her. And dark creatures, yes, they were the reason why she had so many issues. They could hide so easily in the shadows and then jump out to eat her.

Aye, Nox was definitely not meant for this. Her eyes were still getting used to the darkness around her - but she was certain that there was at least one dark figure looming before her. Was his gaze looking upward - at the windows, at the curves and valleys of the brick and stone which lay upon the ground here in order to create the court? It looked to be plausible. But, what were those huge hanging things near him? They didn't seem to have limbs - nor heads. Wait. WAIT. Those were wings. She knew that movement, the ruffle of feathers. Thanks to Helovia she knew exactly what they were to look like (expanded or curled at one's side) when placed precariously upon a horse's shoulders.

Yet, this dark one - cloaked in the colours of the night - was not the one who spoke to her. No, he seemed far too entranced in the structures of Caligo in order to form words. Not only that, the word which was spoken had been her name - and she was certain she had never seen him before in her life. Yet her name had also been joined by the sound of a hoof against stone - so her head turned in this direction and her eyes tried to focus on the figure before her.

Aye, of course, it was another winged one. Of course, they would all be joining her in the darkness of the night court as she tried to get her bearings in place. This was wonderful. She shudders, having focused on the fact that this second creature knew her name as her eyes adjusted to his frame and colouring. "Noah?" she whispers, eyes widening in disbelief. It takes her a second - but as she finally registers his colouring and the apprehensive nature of his wings pressed to his barrel she can tell that it is he who had called her name. "Noah!" She says louder, a tinge of excitement on her voice as she realizes that she is not completely alone in these new lands. Aye, she knew that she had met him before - and that he hadn't been violent with her. She may not have remembered much else, but she definitely did recall him and the calming nature of his being.

Noxia starts to inch forward, then stops - suddenly recalling the existence of the other winged stag and beginning to notice two other frames lurking in the distance near Noah. God. Were they all winged?! She swallowed, panic stinging her throat and face. Great. Were they all going to collapse on her, attack her because she didn't have wings? No. Noah wouldn't do something like that... right?! Right?!

God, Caligo. She was not meant for this... she really wasn't.

@Damascus || @Noah -- Sorry for the wait! I'm assuming from the wording that Nora/Miette are both near Noah, if they aren't let me know and I'll fix that paragraph :D
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
!! Words Like Little Toy Guns [Relic Contest] - by Noxia - 06-19-2017, 05:45 AM
RE: !! Words Like Little Toy Guns [Relic Contest] - by Damascus - 06-22-2017, 06:28 PM
RE: !! Words Like Little Toy Guns [Relic Contest] - by Noah - 06-25-2017, 07:08 PM
RE: !! Words Like Little Toy Guns [Relic Contest] - by Noxia - 06-26-2017, 11:15 AM
RE: !! Words Like Little Toy Guns [Relic Contest] - by Nora - 06-28-2017, 05:57 PM
RE: !! Words Like Little Toy Guns [Relic Contest] - by Miette - 06-28-2017, 11:22 PM