Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - !! Church Bells [Relic Contest]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

I'm broken, lying helpless, shattered,
surrounded by the world

The gray dove is so nervous, I can take her fear and anxiety. It makes me rather uncomfortable as I lie there, for I can't figure out what's freaking her out so much. Is it me? I think about it... but of course to me I'm completely ordinary and far from frightening. (Even if I sometimes pretend to be.) She introduces herself - with a stammer - as Noxia. What a strangely potent name for someone so... small. I'd say 'weak' but I can't bring myself to be that demeaning. At least not yet.. Maybe she's just shy? Her continual conversation tells me that she's from this area, of the Night Court. Finally she settles down on the ground nearby, but her eyes seem calculating as they bore holes into me. I stare back with a bit of defiance, not one to be intimidated by such looks and daring her to try to melt me with her laser eyes. (What laser eyes, Rosti? What!) She asks me if I had found a safer place and assumes that I had even looked. I don't admit that I didn't look anywhere else, and had only thought to lie down here when she mentioned that it was too dangerous to be traveling in the dark. I was the fool that was going to just keep going and eventually fall to my death. But I don't tell her that because I don't want to seem like a complete moron. I avert my gaze for a moment as I ignore that comment. But then she offers to help search for the relic, and I turn a grin back toward her. "That sounds like a good plan, Noxia." I dip my nose, then lay down my head to rest on the cold, hard ground.

It wasn't the best sleep I'd had, and it was wrought with dreams of Damaris, Kiara, Vitani... my past. Oxy, Midas, Africa, Seele. There was so much that was gone without me. A home, a family. The things I had not placed enough value on until they were gone. Fire, explosions, storms plague me in my sleep. I wake with a start, wet with cool sweat, and am greeting by blinding sunlight of a late morning. I blink my eyes and try to see, but it's going to take a few minutes for me to fully regain vision. I rub my face on my knees, ridding them of sleep and the nightmares that still dance behind my lids. I stretch my legs which had moved to a tucked position underneath me. A groan passes my lips and suddenly remember that I did not sleep alone last night. (Ha.. see what I did there?!) I look toward the spot where Noxia had presumably fallen asleep last night....

"."
WC: 462
Tag: @Noxia

Messages In This Thread
!! Church Bells [Relic Contest] - by Noxia - 06-20-2017, 03:58 AM
RE: !! Church Bells [Relic Contest] - by Rostislav - 06-20-2017, 02:45 PM
RE: !! Church Bells [Relic Contest] - by Noxia - 06-21-2017, 05:35 PM
RE: !! Church Bells [Relic Contest] - by Rostislav - 06-21-2017, 06:58 PM
RE: !! Church Bells [Relic Contest] - by Noxia - 06-21-2017, 11:42 PM
RE: !! Church Bells [Relic Contest] - by Rostislav - 06-24-2017, 06:08 PM
RE: !! Church Bells [Relic Contest] - by Noxia - 06-26-2017, 11:47 AM
RE: !! Church Bells [Relic Contest] - by Rostislav - 06-26-2017, 06:26 PM