Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - SCARED of HEIGHTS?! [relic contest]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

"Old Noah was there to answer the call,
He finished up making the Ark just as the rain started fallin',
He marched in the animals two by two
And he called out as they went through,
"Hey, Lord: I've got yer....

Green alligators and long-necked geese,
Some humpty-backed camels and some chimpanzees,
Some cats and rats and elephants, but Lord, I'm so forlorn,
I just can't see no Unicorn.""

Hooves step soundly but cautiously along the terrain. The canyons that I've stumbled upon, having left the oasis, are wonderful, impressive monuments, statues of the Gods. But in the cool darkness (for of course it is night time when I happen to be traversing some place I could stumble and kill myself), I must take care. Nothing has stuck out to me as a relic here besides the rocks that are all over the canyon, just like the cliffs in Terrastella. The chill of the night (still somewhat like the desert I'd just come from) makes me shiver as I pick my way along. I think that perhaps it would be better to rest here tonight before trying to make my way down the steep and treacherous canyon ledges. I see more mountains to the south and know that it will be difficult to move that direction. If I had wings perhaps, it might be easier.

I glance around, wondering if perhaps there will be a good place to shelter for the night. That canyon's only offering is an outcrop - down a ledge to an overhang. Luckily the path down seems traveled and I find it easier to get a grip as I descend. Heavy body settles onto the ground with a groan as I shelter myself for the evening (though from what?). A big yawn, and I lie there on my side, wondering what will become of me, of Damaris... my past as it relates to my future. A sadness falls over me like a heavy cloak, but I don't move to free myself. What can be done but to forge ahead, beg forgiveness for my sins, and pray (if I can bother myself to do so) that it will get better. Someday I'll find Damaris, I just don't know when....

WC: 371
Tag:

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
SCARED of HEIGHTS?! [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-20-2017, 01:32 PM
RE: SCARED of HEIGHTS?! [relic contest] - by Maxence - 06-24-2017, 06:37 AM
RE: SCARED of HEIGHTS?! [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-25-2017, 04:31 PM