Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The Pain Will Prove You're Mortal

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 50 — Threads: 5
Signos: 330
Inactive Character

I've gone a million miles
With the same crooked smile

He wouldn’t make it far before a noise from behind halted him in his tracks. The way he turns to face whoever, or whatever it was is borderline lazy, as though the roan harbors not an ounce of fear for these swamps. His expression, however, comes to life from the moment his unearthly gaze reaches his newfound company. No specter of the wilds is she, no kelpie nor even a bog titan, as unfortunate the fact is – he had been hoping for a warm welcome home, after all.

Rather, she is a lady of pale lavender and ivory splashes with eyes that glow gently with mirth. It’s nearly comical, just how out of place she seems against the backdrop of the swamp, a gleaming light against the horrors of the night. She isn’t familiar to him, and he would assume her heritage doesn’t extend to the Ilati by her looks as well as her approach alone. Perhaps she is simply a woman of Terrastella, joining her ranks during his absence?

A charming smile curls the corners of his dark lips upwards and light up his features, a stark contrast to its appearance just moments prior. “What a pleasant surprise,” he said in way of greeting, the words falling from a well-practiced, urbane tone. At his sides, wings of carmine and alabaster rise ever so slightly in a fashion similar to a man tipping his hat. “I was beginning to think this cesspool of leeches and murky water was lacking of any beauty whatsoever – but it occurs to me that I may have been incorrect in my thinking.”

Atreus pauses then, regarding the woman with a nearly eager look as he awaits her reply. Would he be correct in his earlier assumptions, or would he find himself once again wrong?

And I always give you all you need
But I can see that you're dancing with the devil

be careful with that one, love, he will do what it takes to survive

all contact is permitted and encouraged

Messages In This Thread
The Pain Will Prove You're Mortal - by Atreus - 05-05-2018, 01:40 AM
RE: The Pain Will Prove You're Mortal - by Fiona - 05-06-2018, 12:54 PM
RE: The Pain Will Prove You're Mortal - by Atreus - 05-08-2018, 03:41 AM
RE: The Pain Will Prove You're Mortal - by Fiona - 05-09-2018, 12:09 PM
RE: The Pain Will Prove You're Mortal - by Atreus - 05-15-2018, 03:19 AM
RE: The Pain Will Prove You're Mortal - by Fiona - 05-20-2018, 12:21 PM
RE: The Pain Will Prove You're Mortal - by Atreus - 05-29-2018, 05:17 AM