Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The Pain Will Prove You're Mortal

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 50 — Threads: 5
Signos: 330
Inactive Character

I've gone a million miles
With the same crooked smile

She looks borderline bashful in the wake of his words. The man’s own grin lengthened and as anyone might, he expects an immediate response to them – however, it doesn’t come. His brows furrow and dark lips draw back questioningly, taut with mild confusion as the silence lingers. Already his expeditious mind has set to prepare a response of his own, when suddenly the girl produces a notebook from a small satchel hanging from her side. Curious, indeed, but Atreus waited patiently as she penned the words that, unbeknownst to him, she could not speak.

’My name is Fiona,’ came the beginning of her written response when it was presented, ’I was born mute.’ His eyes, rotten black and purest gold, flash with realization as he reads on. ’It is a pleasure to meet you.’

Despite his innumerable ventures, Atreus failed to recall a time when he had come across somebody who was mute. He couldn’t imagine a life like that – his own voice was a favorite thing of his, after all – but it was no matter.

”Oh, but the pleasure is all mine, Lady Fiona.” The words are insistent, sumptuous in the way they roll off his silvered tongue, ”You are a light within this dismal place, certainly.” In the back of his corrupted mind, a part of him is disappointed; these swamps that had once welcomed him so warmly now seem void of the alluring group he’d once loosely considered family, and it had been one of them he’d hoped to be greeted by, and he greatly doubts the lavender mare to be affiliated with them in any manner. Still, as lovely as Fiona’s darling smile is, even if she cannot speak from it, perhaps she can help shed some light as to what has happened in the span of the past four years in time.

Then, his eyes settle on the flowers in the equally colorful girl’s possession. With an experienced eye he looks them over – rose pogonias, narrowleaf sunflowers, and what appears to be blue flag irises – and he hums with genuine curiosity beneath his breath. ”That’s quite the collection you have there. Picking them for a friend?” He pauses momentarily, allowing her the opportunity to respond either by action or another written message before continuing, begging the real question. ”Or, perhaps you might be one of the grand healers hailing from fair Terrastella?”

And I always give you all you need
But I can see that you're dancing with the devil

@Fiona c:

be careful with that one, love, he will do what it takes to survive

all contact is permitted and encouraged

Messages In This Thread
The Pain Will Prove You're Mortal - by Atreus - 05-05-2018, 01:40 AM
RE: The Pain Will Prove You're Mortal - by Fiona - 05-06-2018, 12:54 PM
RE: The Pain Will Prove You're Mortal - by Atreus - 05-08-2018, 03:41 AM
RE: The Pain Will Prove You're Mortal - by Fiona - 05-09-2018, 12:09 PM
RE: The Pain Will Prove You're Mortal - by Atreus - 05-15-2018, 03:19 AM
RE: The Pain Will Prove You're Mortal - by Fiona - 05-20-2018, 12:21 PM