Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Stranger

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Silas

He couldn't help but admire the disdain she held for him, and the irritation she had at the stranger for being so patronizing. "Regent." She said. He didn't know where that put her in the scheme of things, but it seemed like a position of power. So, this wasn't just a local inhabitant, it was one of the local inhabitants. Start from the top or leave? He barely had a chance to think of an answer before the guard dog was barking at the end of its chain.

The insulted stallion was charging at him with barely a glance at the regent. Silas should have been better prepared for the attack. Perhaps it was pure surprise that kept him still, vulnerable to the body slam. Air rushed out of his lungs as he stumbled backwards, hooves sluggish in the thick sand. A snarl more like a wolf's left his lips and he reached forward with bared fangs to snap at the face of the old fart. He missed narrowly. It took another moment but Silas regained his balance and clashed with shorter stallion, meeting anger with ferocity and a devil-may-care attitude.

Teeth snapped and Silas was tempted to show the warrior what he really thought. But he remained rather civil in their squabble, avoiding slashing hooves or butting the painted horse with his horns. He did not have the advantage of weight and bulk, and was shoved to the side. Before he could steady himself, teeth slashed along his ribcage. Silas's nostrils flared and he felt his blood burning in his veins, dripping along the new wound in his pale side.

He began giggling, and was ready to start the battle for real, but Booker drew back, panting from exertion. Silas's giggles continued, his eyes lit up in glee. "You'll have to let me repay you for that sometime." He couldn't believe what he was hearing from the stallion, and his complete condescension and insolence toward someone that was clearly his superior. The giggles disappeared as Silas barked out a laugh.

"A regent - whatever that is - would know better than to be so easily offended by a complete stranger. And then you embarrass her by scolding her?" He tutted and shook his head, adrenaline pumped steadily through him. "I have no intention of apologizing to anyone, nor do I feel inclined to let a little testosterone-pumping has-been 'drag me' anywhere." He rolled his eyes at the stallion, and wondered if he'd get attacked again. He turned his gaze to 'Lady Regent.'

"I am Silas, but you seem to have forgotten to introduce yourself. I certainly hope that there are more residents like you than him." This time, no glance was spared.

@Bexley @Booker

Messages In This Thread
Stranger - by Silas - 05-23-2018, 04:44 AM
RE: Stranger - by Bexley - 05-31-2018, 09:07 PM
RE: Stranger - by Silas - 06-01-2018, 12:49 PM
RE: Stranger - by Bexley - 06-09-2018, 01:23 PM
RE: Stranger - by Booker - 06-21-2018, 11:39 PM
RE: Stranger - by Silas - 06-26-2018, 10:57 PM
RE: Stranger - by Bexley - 06-27-2018, 02:38 AM
RE: Stranger - by Booker - 06-27-2018, 12:07 PM
RE: Stranger - by Silas - 07-11-2018, 06:56 PM
RE: Stranger - by Bexley - 07-21-2018, 01:54 AM