Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Be my Judge

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aethelind

i know loving you is a crime

I found myself unable to sleep throughout the night, once again. Honestly, I don't know why the fact that I couldn't sleep at night was a surprise to anyone any longer.

The time of Caligo always seemed to call to me, like a mother beckoning to their child who had strayed too far off of their permitted path. And so, once again, I found myself wandering through the hallowed halls of Denocte. Pale, blue eyes drifted lazily from each stone that made the magical walls of the keep, overly active mind attempted to count each and every stone I happened to step on. The sound of which echoed through the halls, calling me further and further into the solitude that would be offered where ever it was that my path would end.

My usual stomping ground when insomnia took over was generally closer to the dangerous peaks of the Arma, allowing the wind's cool grasp to weave between rose gold and ivory feathers as I found a perch along a cliffs edge where I could see everything clear as day. There, the rest of the world melted away as the heroes who had since become nothing but mere story tales to tell our children kept their protective gaze over me until the sun began her slow ascend back to her throne when I would creep back into the keep to find a place of solitude to finally get some rest.

But tonight I hungered for more than just the watchful gaze, I yearned to further my knowledge of...well, everything. The ghost of a smile lit across my feminine features as the soft glow given off by the perma-lit torch gave way to the entrance to the great library. Here, one could find a book or scroll on any topic imaginable. Tonight though, I was more concerned on a past time of mine, surely there was information I was lacking on the great constellations. Pearly eyes lit up with excitement as I wandered through the rows and rows of literature until I stumbled across the one I was looking for specifically. It was while I danced back into the open area of the library to settle upon a dusty old rug to read, when I heard the sound of another entering the library.

Rose gold ears flicked forward as curiosity flooded my nervous system, who else could possibly be awake at this hour? Were there others who preferred the solitude of Caligo's supervision? Tenderly, I stepped out of the aisle and glanced towards the doorway where a horned, painted beauty stood, the haze of having been in a dream-like state slowly pulling off of her crowned features like a blanket being removed. Cautiously, in case the stranger had been sleep walking, I took a small step towards her, a smile pulled across my face. "Couldn't sleep?"

"speech"

art by elizahveta & table by rommy
@Noctiilucent & sorry it's a bit rough ~ & 481 words

Messages In This Thread
Be my Judge - by Noctiilucent - 06-04-2018, 10:47 PM
RE: Be my Judge - by Aethelind - 06-07-2018, 07:09 AM
RE: Be my Judge - by Noctiilucent - 06-20-2018, 10:35 PM