Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - I could surrender, but I'd just be pretending

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Hydra

Dawn often signified rejuvenation, symbolizing new promises that budded underneath the sun’s soft pastel rays. Some would bloom, creating flashes of vibrant colors, punctuated by the melody of laughter and peaceful sighs. These were the ones that unfurled pathways of joy, love, and contentment – an overall satisfaction with life. Others stunted and withered, never ascending to their full potential.

That’s the way of things, isn’t it? Hydra mused, the thought expanding and giving the weary traveler a headache as the sun spilled over Vitreus Lake. Her pace was restless, her stout body weaving through the final bouts of early successional trees like a snake through grass. She had been so stupid to let her guard down, even for a moment, out in those mountains. The Armas had been treacherous, though they had never presented themselves as anything different. She appreciated the honesty, and berated her lapse of judgement regarding the hospitality of its inhabitants.

Her earthen eyes roved to her right haunch, snapping her muzzle back quickly in disgust. Four bloodied slashes glared against her golden hide, each with dried rivulets that had trickled down from the initial wounds. The blood didn’t bother her. It was her carelessness that ate her alive. She wheeled around, throwing her hind legs at a decaying tree that exploded in a display of splintered wood, termites, and emotional displacement.

“Fucking cats”, she cursed, the lithe body of the feline slinking through her dusky memories, it’s mouthful of hungry ivory gleaming in the moonlight.

“At least I have a cool new scar to impress everyone in Denocte, right?”, she mumbled to herself, sneering at the thought.

Vitreus Lake soon lapped invitingly at her hooves, and she blinked as she raised her gaze up to the cloudless fall sky.

She lunged forward and threw herself into the lake, her breath hitching in its cold embrace as the alpine waters swallowed her. Her fitful eyes closed as the world fell away.

Finally, her mind was quiet.

H Y D R A
*if you could only see the beast you've made of me...

"Speaking"
 ooc. Finally! :) @Raymond

Messages In This Thread
I could surrender, but I'd just be pretending - by Hydra - 06-13-2018, 02:14 PM
RE: I could surrender, but I'd just be pretending - by Hydra - 06-14-2018, 10:33 PM
RE: I could surrender, but I'd just be pretending - by Hydra - 06-26-2018, 11:59 PM
RE: I could surrender, but I'd just be pretending - by Hydra - 07-03-2018, 10:30 PM
RE: I could surrender, but I'd just be pretending - by Hydra - 07-07-2018, 10:56 PM