Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - 'sorrow is a fleeting space' [meeting]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Noctiilucent

Tucked away in a tower far from the masses, she had stolen herself away and wallowed in her pain. She had felt as though she'd been dealt a blow to her for coming to feel a fondness for the former Sovereign. Then the torrential fury of Novus rained down upon Denocte and sent the nightwalkers scattering. Flesh, bone, and bodies had been the outcome of the disaster, and Denocte stood as a shadow of its former self. Noctii had hardly known anyone here, and that was her own fault. All she wanted was stillness, for something or someone to quiet her soul. Yet she felt useless and empty as the throne of Denocte stood as a stark reminder of yet another loss. She could see the pain and drifted through the familiarity of it. The former daughter of Reth could feel tears stream down her face as she moved toward the gathering bodies of the equines left. There would be much work ahead, and she could not succumb to the tides of her darkness. If not for her own sake, then for her fellow nightwalkers. The moon hung in the sky, reflecting the sorrows of those that found comfort beneath its pale gaze.

Noctiilucent saw one face she thought she recognized, but upon drawing closer realized her mistake. She drifted in a sea of strangers flocking to their new queen. The new sovereign spoke as though she was the voice of sadness, and she carried the weight of many worlds upon her shoulders. Beneath her belly stars splashed themselves closely at first, and then they spread upwards. Their queen seemed to be made of sadness and stardust, and each set of words she spoke resonated deeply within gold and ivory maiden. Ther was no absence of emotion as they stood together, as though they could build a wall to support one another. Noctiilucent did not feel hopeful, not yet. Isra captivated her though, each mournful phrase she strung together was like dying stars. It was both beautiful and tragic, it was not something Noctii could describe properly. She had no words for it. Isra was the opposite of her, and where she had come from impressed the former daughter of Reth. She also was hopeful, despite the tides of darkness that seemed to be crashing around Denocte.

Many voices greeted her, and yet none spilled their dreams for their new Sovereign. "Isra." Noctii began to speak but felt the lump in her throat stifle her voice. She took a few moments to recover, and it gave her a few more moments to consider what her fellow nightwalkers had said. "You have already trekked for so long, but the peak is not yet in sight. I wish I could spill for you my soul the very way you have done for us, but I do not believe this the time nor place. Each of your struggles has resonated with me, though I cannot same we are cut from the same cloth. The sorrow that falls upon Denocte does not fall upon deaf ears, and I am here to serve you as best I can. To serve Denocte. And despite your great trials and sorrow, I believe that you are the flame of hope that will reignite the hope of Denocte." Noctiilucent was forced to stop once more, as she had been so overcome with emotion. It was perhaps from the moving tales of Isra, as well as her own pain and losses that seemed to have gotten to her. Noctii had never been so openly emotional, though she had never shied away from the deep sorrows she felt before.

Araxes had said what she had wanted to say, but she would never be able to speak as eloquently as Araxes had. "I believe Araxes is right. Leadership does not have any one set of rules, and I believe Denocte will lead you as much as you lead Denocte." She allowed another pause to saturate the atmosphere, for she feared of taking up more space than necessary. Even if it was only vocally. "As for dreams , I fear that mine have all vanished. They are fleeting like the many I first met when I arrived. I dream only of the recovery and unification of Denocte now."

Actions "Speech" Thoughts

"Speech"
Notes: Ugh this is so awful I'm sorry guys.
Tags: @Isra @Araxes 
Words: 714
Is it Deliverance
If you hurt me in exchange

Messages In This Thread
'sorrow is a fleeting space' [meeting] - by Isra - 08-14-2018, 09:28 PM
RE: 'sorrow is a fleeting space' [meeting] - by Acton - 08-16-2018, 11:08 AM
RE: 'sorrow is a fleeting space' [meeting] - by Kauri - 08-17-2018, 01:19 AM
RE: 'sorrow is a fleeting space' [meeting] - by Araxes - 08-17-2018, 03:52 PM
RE: 'sorrow is a fleeting space' [meeting] - by Noctiilucent - 08-17-2018, 08:27 PM
RE: 'sorrow is a fleeting space' [meeting] - by Isra - 09-13-2018, 09:49 PM