Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Disaster was my god

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Saphrax

The sun on his back and the wind in his feathers is a freeing feeling, Saphrax must admit. There was something peaceful about being able to soar high above the ground and just be himself. There was no one up here except for himself, no one to bother him, and no one to interrupt his thoughts. And yet, despite the peace that the sky brings, it does not itch that need to be around others – that need to be the center of attention. Loneliness is not for Saphrax.

Perhaps that is what has brought Saphrax to the Day Court. Perhaps he seeks friendship, perhaps he seeks companionship. So far, he’s not met too many who would be willing to give him the slightest part of their day. People here seemed self-absorbed and bothered by things they cannot control. Instead of just going with the flow with the attitude of “so it goes”, these individuals are worried about disasters and gods, and alliances. It was silly. Perhaps they hadn’t discovered that Saphrax would ease all their worries and their fears – even keep them warm at night.

Yes, Saphrax is just as self-absorbed as the others, perhaps more so. He thinks only of himself and what he desires. He doesn’t care what this land is experiencing. He doesn’t care that his personality might clash with others. None of that matters to the fiery stallion. He’s not here for their benefit, only his own.

However, Saphrax is still very unsure of this place. He’s never been one to like the desert. It’s hot and dry. The desert makes him sweat which makes him feel dirty, despite how well it makes his beautiful coat shimmer in the sunlight. But the sand! That sand gets into every orifice and into every crevice and it’s nearly impossible to get rid of. Even know, Saphrax swears he has sand in between his feathers. It’s gritty and it definitely does not make him feel sexy. But the snow in the desert perhaps puzzles him more. He had never heard of such an anomaly.

However, Saphrax rises early in order to explore this place, to perhaps find someplace to stay that might be more tolerable. And while he is out exploring, he sees a figure up ahead, watching the dunes with a sense of awe. Saphrax doesn’t find them all that beautiful, but that doesn’t stop him from stepping forward in order to start pleasant conversation. As stated before, Saphrax does not like to be lonely.

He hears the stallion speak and he cannot help but wondering if this stallion truly understands who he’s talking to. In the end, he supposes that it really doesn’t matter. “I can’t say I’ve ever seen snow in the desert…” This weather was perplexing and yet, Saphrax doesn’t seem too terribly bothered by it. He’s lived in cold places and at one point, he had magic which warmed him from the inside out. Perhaps in time he would acquire that magic here. “…and I’ve seen many things in my days.” He comes to stand alongside the stallion, ensuring that his wings are along his side so he does not literally ruffle his feathers. “I’m Saphrax, by the way.” Pleasantries were obligations and so, Saphrax kindly gave his name. He doesn’t expect anyone here to know his name or have heard of him, but perhaps they would come to know his name in time.

@Eik

Messages In This Thread
Disaster was my god - by Eik - 08-30-2018, 12:00 PM
RE: Disaster was my god - by Saphrax - 10-23-2018, 04:54 PM
RE: Disaster was my god - by Eik - 11-03-2018, 11:26 AM
RE: Disaster was my god - by Saphrax - 12-11-2018, 08:51 AM
RE: Disaster was my god - by Eik - 01-22-2019, 08:13 PM
RE: Disaster was my god - by Saphrax - 01-28-2019, 05:40 PM
RE: Disaster was my god - by Eik - 02-23-2019, 07:15 PM
RE: Disaster was my god - by Saphrax - 02-24-2019, 06:38 PM