Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Disaster was my god

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Saphrax

Saphrax lets his gaze wander the snow, wandering over the hoof prints of deer and the frozen icicles that fall from trees. Eik is not the first one that Saphrax has come across who doesn’t like the chill brought on by the sub-zero temperatures. It was moments like these where he wished he had more of his magic, where he could warm his body (and others) from the inside out. Perhaps then he might be able to make more friends. If he offered some warmth, perhaps those who did not like the cold would flock to him. After all, who wouldn’t want a warm body to sleep next to when the temperatures continued to drop.

It is Eik’s words that bring his thoughts back to the here and now. He’s claiming that if the gods are good, then they would never see a snow-covered desert again. He nodded his head, a soft sigh escaping his lips. “I don’t hold much faith in gods.” Saphrax had never been a religious fellow, unless you count the god that called him son. He had never worshiped the man, not in any reverent sort of way. That god had given him life, but that was about it. If anyone should worship a god, the god should be no one other than himself. He could be a god if he wanted to be.

Though the silence, Eik speaks and Saphrax is quiet as he contemplates his answer. Does the rarity of snow make it more beautiful? He is unsure. “Snow is quite ordinary…” He starts, but his voice trails off as he ponders the meaning of snow in the desert. “…but snow in the desert is extraordinary.” Did that make it more beautiful? He was unsure. A blanket of snow was always beautiful to Saphrax.

The conversation casually meanders between the two stallions, Eik asking about where he is from. Saphrax answers with truth and he is amazed at how truthful it really sounded. Saphrax has never been one to pass up a lie to cover up the truth. He’s never been a truthful fellow, always preferring to embellish a story rather than telling it at face value. He hadn’t been raised with good values but there was something about his companion here that made him want to be truthful for once.

Eik asks if he is just passing through and he offers a shrug of his shoulders as his eyes turn to look at the other grey. “Unless something, or someone, asks me to stay. Solterra does not seem to accept me. Not that acceptance as truly mattered much to me.” Saphrax has never really cared about acceptance, but it wouldn’t hurt to feel wanted every now and then. Sometimes, just wanting to be in someone’s presence has a way of uplifting them. Saphrax, in general, was a happy fellow, so if someone actually wanted to be around him instead of simply writing him off as the local crazy, it might encourage him to want to stick around.

But, now was not the time to dwell on whether or not individuals, or in this moment Eik, enjoyed his presence. It was still far too early to make any sort of decisions about Solterra. Eyes looked up towards the sun as Eik speaks. He offers a sigh, the heavy sound falling from his lips almost too easily. “I cannot say I know the gods all that well. But from what I can tell, they seem like gods I don’t care to know.” They didn’t care about their subjects or their worship. From his point of view, they were only there to show their dominance and then flee. Didn’t seem like any gods he wanted to know.

@Eik

Messages In This Thread
Disaster was my god - by Eik - 08-30-2018, 12:00 PM
RE: Disaster was my god - by Saphrax - 10-23-2018, 04:54 PM
RE: Disaster was my god - by Eik - 11-03-2018, 11:26 AM
RE: Disaster was my god - by Saphrax - 12-11-2018, 08:51 AM
RE: Disaster was my god - by Eik - 01-22-2019, 08:13 PM
RE: Disaster was my god - by Saphrax - 01-28-2019, 05:40 PM
RE: Disaster was my god - by Eik - 02-23-2019, 07:15 PM
RE: Disaster was my god - by Saphrax - 02-24-2019, 06:38 PM