Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - there was a time when i was alone

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 8
Signos: 325
Inactive Character

Truthfully, Sloane thinks the mare before her is just downright strange. The way she tries to creep, the way her bones creek, and the way her voice sounds. It’s like she’s entered the wrong Halloween movie and this creature is after her. This creature wants her and she can feel it. And yet, it does not scare her. She looks onward with a look that almost bleeds curiosity. She is curious about this mare. This mare might have skills that she wants to possess.

Eyes watch her as her wings begin to beat, her body rising higher. She thinks this might be a scare tactic, but she remains still. Her body is poised and held high, confidence bleeding from everywhere. Eyes look down briefly to see the dead flowers and she cannot help the smile that pulls at the corners of her lips. This whole meeting was fascinating.

And then she speaks and it draw’s Sloane’s gaze upward. She listens to the mare, listens to how she swears she can read her secrets. She claims she can write a eulogy of the mare and Sloane grins. “I should like to hear your eulogy.” It was something she might never get to hear again. For when she dies, there will be no one to mourn her loss. No one will care enough to write a eulogy about her. In fact, no one will care to offer her body any sort of respect. She’ll be left to rot or be scavenged by other animals. There would be nothing glorious about her death.

But there’s that single question, if Sloane would like to learn. There’s something that draws her curiosity to the rising mare. Sloane is all about learning because honestly, it might perhaps pay off in the end. But learning always came at a price. “What would it cost me?” Nothing was free. Sloane had learned this from a very young age. Something told Sloane that she would not like the price the mare was asking for. Something about the rumble of her belly told her that this mare was out for blood. Sorry sugar, Sloane doesn’t pay with blood.

@wormlust

Messages In This Thread
there was a time when i was alone - by Sloane - 09-13-2018, 09:37 PM
RE: there was a time when i was alone - by Wormlust - 09-22-2018, 09:25 PM
there was a time when i was alone - by Sloane - 09-30-2018, 10:58 AM
RE: there was a time when i was alone - by Wormlust - 10-07-2018, 04:30 PM
RE: there was a time when i was alone - by Sloane - 10-11-2018, 08:50 PM
RE: there was a time when i was alone - by Wormlust - 10-14-2018, 07:17 PM
RE: there was a time when i was alone - by Sloane - 10-26-2018, 04:05 AM