Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - we'll always be ready because we will always be there [rebuild]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 164 — Threads: 28
Signos: 385
Inactive Character

There is greatness here in Novus, here in the Night Court. Something about this place calls softly to her and it is a calling that she cannot ignore. She might not be familiar with this place or those that live in it, but she cannot deny the calling. It feels right to be here helping in this time of rebuild. It gives her purpose and she is thankful for that. Once this place is on the mend, then she can begin to forge friendships and get to know the leaders. She can then offer a different skill set for their use.

His voice breaks her thought and she turns her head to look at him with a soft expression of thanks and yet, she humbly accepts his praise. “It is my upmost pleasure. This place needs help to rebuild and I have the muscle to help. I am able bodied – I see that not everyone is.” Some where displaced, sick, and injured. Why should they be responsible for rebuilding their homes when she is standing here healthy and strong? It doesn’t make much sense.

She asks what has happened to this place. The question was vague, then again, she wasn’t sure what she meant specifically. This court was riddled with destruction, as were the others. Something big had happened here in Novus, just before her arrival. But he doesn’t shy away from the question, answering her first about the door that she is currently working on clearing. “I am curious about this Court’s history – it seems rather solemn.” She had been in lands before that were divided. So naturally, it didn’t really surprise her that courts had clashed and a physical barrier had to be installed.

But when he began to talk about the disasters that had most recently taken over, he had Katniss’ full attention. He speaks of the return of Gods followed by the disasters and she pauses her activity in order to look at him fully. “Did the Gods cause this?” Her voice holds a sense of sadness. Gods were supposed to protect their subjects, not destroy their homelands. “Surely something else is to blame. Aren’t Gods supposed to protect, not destroy?” At least, the Gods she had once worshiped had been kind gods, incapable of such destruction. They often facility love and friendship. Something about what the stranger was saying sounded untrue – though she had no reason to believe that he was lying to her.

As he fills his baskets and gets them settled upon his shoulders, Katniss turns back towards the path and begins to lead the pair down the mountain. She doesn’t realize that he is staring at her. Perhaps it was a good thing. Katniss would insist she is not worth staring at. She’s had a lot of hardships in her life and each scar that lays across her coat is testament to each one of those hardships. She has made her mistakes in life and she has swore to correct each and every one of them. Her burdens were great and she carried many skeletons in her closet. There was only one who truly knew her baggage. She wishes he was here. Her heart aches for him…for Metaphor.

Thankfully, the young stallion behind her speaks up, her ears leaning back to capture the sounds. He had broken her train of thought and she will forever be thankful for him. Now is not the time to dwell upon the past but to look to the future. “I am quite used to it. I have lived in many lands and each one I helped to build.”…And each one she had watched destroy itself again. “I have been wandering since my last home was lost to devastation.” She pauses a moment before she offers a small smile – a smile that the stranger cannot see. “I have been looking for someone – but I have been unable to find him. It’s time for me to settle down again – to help another land rebuild. It is my calling.”

As she comes down the small path, she can see that there is a small pile of boulders already set aside from the torn down gate. She carefully lowers her slings of boulders and begins to unload them, curious as to the magic she had discovered. Never has she had magic before. And yet, she can think about moving these rocks and there they move. It is fascinating. “My name is Katniss.” She brings her eyes to rest on his, offering him her name. They’ve been working side by side and never once has she said her own name. Perhaps she should start showing her manners more. How rude of her to forget.

@asterion

Messages In This Thread
RE: we'll always be ready because we will always be there [rebuild] - by Katniss - 10-21-2018, 06:21 PM