Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Drink your wine from my heart; {rebuilding}

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline RB [PM] Posts: 277 — Threads: 28
Signos: 180
Inactive Character

WITH SWORD AND SALT -

It is so dark and quiet and still in the midnight that Marisol feels almost (almost) peaceful. She stands in Denocte and tilts her head to the sky, watching the stars blink in and out of darkness, and for the first time in weeks her wings drop at her sides and her heartbeat slows and she is not filled with the rushing kind of fear that has followed her since the very first drop of rain fell in Terrastella.

It’s nice.

She smells the wet cobblestone, the grass fresh and green. Lanterns wobble against their sconces. For all her stubbornness, there is a kind of magic about the Night Court that even Marisol cannot deny - they way it is somehow most lit up in darkness, or how the citadel is made of moonshine, not stone.  She tries not to think about it too much.

Thankfully (or not) her thoughts are turned away in the next moment, when a scream erupts from the citadel, wailing, shrieking, sobbing.

She digs her hooves into the street and flares out her wings and in the next millisecond has turned to race toward the noise, heart hammering in her chest, wild-eyed and panicked. It sounds again, the cry for help, and almost she stumbles, pained and afraid. But - but - the moonlight makes a track on the street and Marisol has always been good at running, better than she should be, and she blazes across the finish line minutes later sweating and electric and absolutely confused -

The Night Court queen kneels on the cobblestone, her sides shining in fish scale. They have not properly met, Mari realizes, but now is not the time, oh, not the time as Isra looks at her with eyes full of tears and the Commander’s heart shatters inside her chest. Don’t cry, she says softly, knowing how foolish it sounds, and ghosts a gentle wing over Isra’s back, knowing how foolish it looks - 

She drops to her knees and shoves a shoulder under one of the rotten planks, lifting until it breaks against the cords of muscle; in the damp darkness she hears the sound of tears and heavy breathing and grits her teeth, so not to answer it.

<3

aimless | kokovi

[Image: ddg6quy-9d15dab5-339c-4b09-8b57-20a99fda...jvUop12efQ]

Messages In This Thread
Drink your wine from my heart; {rebuilding} - by Isra - 10-12-2018, 12:19 AM
RE: Drink your wine from my heart; {rebuilding} - by Marisol - 10-14-2018, 07:17 PM
RE: Drink your wine from my heart; {rebuilding} - by Isra - 10-14-2018, 08:09 PM
RE: Drink your wine from my heart; {rebuilding} - by Isra - 11-20-2018, 10:59 PM
RE: Drink your wine from my heart; {rebuilding} - by Isra - 12-03-2018, 11:01 PM