Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I'll Crawl Home To Her

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Blyse

one sword out of many.

Quite suddenly it was there, this fragility he hadn’t seen.  It played upon her face as her gaze slipped in and out of the here and now, and he was admittedly curious about where she kept going.  He did not like his mind so much to spend a lot of time there.  It housed only worthless memories, which grew more bitter and less comforting with each day that he stood to distance himself from it.  Oh how hard new paths were to forge, especially when one had previously been so deeply immersed in the path they had long since walked on.  He cared most for the future and the present that paved his way to it.  In that present, the wind blew and the sun climbed in the sky and a darkened creature stood before him with her own purpose, as unknown to him as his to her.

She shared with him fraction of this purpose as she spoke to him, her words laced with personal mysteries yet to be uncovered.  He mulled over her words, trying to understand her point of view on the notion of beasts and their finer attributes.  Fearless and Bold, she called them.  Perhaps the beasts he knew of could be described as such, but then that implied that there was a part of them worth celebrating and he knew that to be untrue.  Beasts are callous and cruel and now he realized where her sudden sadness had come from as he was reminded that he had compared her to such things.

He was not soft, he might not ever be.  But he was a conscious being that knew at the very least, how to be equine.  He adjusted, redefining his opinion of her with every moment of their meeting. 
“There is no such thing as fearless, Unicorn.  We are all afraid.  There are only those that stand to persevere despite being afraid.  And as for boldness..” A single breath of laughter slipped through as he spoke “…boldness is just stupidity that manages not to fail by a narrow margin.  You should not want to be either of those things.” His retort comes with an evenly matched step to hers, and suddenly he is dangerously close to the sword she has drawn, enough they he can see the silky smooth texture of its curves and the subtle cerulean reflection from her clear ocean eyes.  He did not mind the closeness, it made better for speaking and he thought there were a few good words yet to share.  It also meant that he was a bit more at ease in her presence, if by a margin.

But now she is curious, she asks about his heading.  He was cordial, of course, but far from that trusting.  Internally, he recoiled and his brows furrowed for just a moment.  His guard regained its bearings and it commanded him to elude her.  “Now about those chains…you have my curiosity now.  Dare I ask just how you got them?”  He redirected, though not pointlessly—he was genuinely curious.  He certainly liked to be in the know.  After all, no telling what equine might cross his path that may one day be an asset.  For that reason, and for the best of measures, he fired at her one more thought. 

“And while I’m at it, a name would not be such a bad thing to know.”

@Isra //

Messages In This Thread
I'll Crawl Home To Her - by Blyse - 10-29-2018, 08:03 PM
RE: I'll Crawl Home To Her - by Isra - 10-29-2018, 09:51 PM
RE: I'll Crawl Home To Her - by Blyse - 10-31-2018, 08:15 PM
RE: I'll Crawl Home To Her - by Isra - 11-02-2018, 01:30 PM
RE: I'll Crawl Home To Her - by Blyse - 11-02-2018, 08:31 PM
RE: I'll Crawl Home To Her - by Isra - 11-04-2018, 03:41 PM
RE: I'll Crawl Home To Her - by Blyse - 11-04-2018, 08:25 PM
RE: I'll Crawl Home To Her - by Isra - 11-06-2018, 01:34 PM
RE: I'll Crawl Home To Her - by Blyse - 11-08-2018, 10:12 PM