Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Pendulum

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Isra

Isra who could be cruel 

“I am the flail of god. Had you not created great sins, god would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”

There is still that spark in her, licking at her teeth, that makes each place on Noctiilucent darker than the last. Her eyes see only night in the small spaces between them. Moonlight is there too, pooling through the windows and catching on their horns as if they are dream-catchers instead of bone. Isra wonders what dreams might linger there, in the cracks in their horns, and what stories that sharp tip of bone might whisper.

Isra wonders if her horn would tell stories of the sea. She wonders if it has seen god when she was drowning, drowning, dying.

Later she will wonder if it's the way her eyes snag on night and blackness more than moon-light that made her voice fierce as a whippoorwill in a storm. Or maybe it's the way Fable's roar rings and rings in her ears like a church-bell in a battlefield. “Of course the moon will love you.” And silently she adds, when she touches their shoulders together, forgive me, tonight I have forgotten how to be gentle.

“I don't think the moon was forced to hide at all. She has the stars in her sky. What does the sun have in his but empty space? Someday, I'll tell you the story of the moon.” Isra offers this as a olive branch and her touch is gentle as dove feathers as she stars to pull away. “You owe me nothing, your friendship is enough.” She smiles but it looks a little too bright when she takes that name Efphion and etches in her heart along with Raum.

Outisde Fable buries those names into the sea-foam and brine of his blood. He will not forget either. Dragons, like unicorns, forget nothing (both their love and their hate is eternal).

She's close to the door now and the path she's walked is bright and clean around her. With her she takes as much dust and decay as possible so that there is a little less left in the world around her. And just before she's about to fade back into the night with her dragon, she turns back to Noctiilucent and there is a war in her eyes.

“I only want the monsters of this world to fall to their knees, only those with hate in their heart and nothing else. But for those beasts of the world we will be moon-fire.” There is no forgiveness in her gaze now, only love for her friend and a little bit of trepidation for this fury pulling her under.

She does not know how to be cruel, but she's learning. Oh she's learning.

@Noctiilucent

Messages In This Thread
Pendulum - by Noctiilucent - 12-11-2018, 05:11 PM
RE: Pendulum - by Isra - 12-17-2018, 09:48 PM
RE: Pendulum - by Noctiilucent - 12-27-2018, 07:56 PM
RE: Pendulum - by Isra - 12-30-2018, 01:06 PM
RE: Pendulum - by Noctiilucent - 12-30-2018, 10:48 PM
RE: Pendulum - by Isra - 01-01-2019, 07:28 PM
RE: Pendulum - by Noctiilucent - 01-21-2019, 08:38 PM
RE: Pendulum - by Isra - 02-09-2019, 09:51 AM
RE: Pendulum - by Noctiilucent - 02-18-2019, 07:27 PM
RE: Pendulum - by Isra - 02-28-2019, 11:28 AM