Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I AM A MARBLE MAN

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Avdotya

AVDOTYA

you think i'll be the dark sky so you can be the bright star?

I'LL 

SWALLOW

YOU 

WHOLE

Avdotya's taste was one more obscure than most. She savoured bitterness upon her tongue as though it were a sweet nectar to her hardened palate, so much so that anything different had a tendency to send her lips curling with utter distaste. Anything glittering could have made her stomach turn. Indeed, the wide world of alcohols and magical brews was one left willingly unexplored by the Davke woman - quite possibly because a Davke did not often consume it to begin with. It was only when they pillaged the right caravan that they were able to indulge in the more finer aspects of Court life... and even then, never enough to find themselves intoxicated. Very few Davke had ever felt the effect of these brews; even Avdotya herself had never had her mind slip beneath alcohol's influential hand.

So now, while she watched this man lose his steadiness, Avdotya reminded herself of why the satisfaction of one quick swig of her preferred drink outmatched that of excess. At least until he described his next glass, harsh and... spicy, he called it. She felt her head tilt ever so slightly with his words. "I do not know spicy." The woman stated plainly (perhaps just as plain as her diet, apparently), then stepping closer so she could lean her head in and inhale the aroma from his glass. It took only a few moments more for her curiosity to finally break, giving way and urging Avdotya to pour just a small amount it into a goblet of her own.

The viper's eyes lingered on him just long enough for Toro to be able to catch the confounding look that gripped her when her tongue began to burn. It was a subtle sting, but enough coax Avdotya into another sip. And then another. "This is different," she paused, unsure if she wanted to admit it- "in a good way, I suppose." There was a peculiar warmth that had started to creep up in the centre of her chest, one she was entirely unfamiliar with. For now, though, she dismissed it as 'the spicy'.

notes: 

tags @El Toro

by blair of shine, translated to html by meverrnind

Messages In This Thread
I AM A MARBLE MAN - by El Toro - 12-12-2018, 01:31 AM
RE: I AM A MARBLE MAN - by Avdotya - 12-30-2018, 08:25 PM
RE: I AM A MARBLE MAN - by El Toro - 01-11-2019, 01:02 AM
RE: I AM A MARBLE MAN - by Avdotya - 02-23-2019, 04:30 PM
RE: I AM A MARBLE MAN - by El Toro - 02-26-2019, 10:04 PM
RE: I AM A MARBLE MAN - by Avdotya - 02-28-2019, 11:07 PM
RE: I AM A MARBLE MAN - by El Toro - 03-07-2019, 08:26 PM
RE: I AM A MARBLE MAN - by Avdotya - 05-06-2019, 06:38 PM