Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - You lift me up and I am found

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 164 — Threads: 28
Signos: 385
Inactive Character

She has turned her attention away from Asterion before he can even turn to look her in the eye. Something has caught her attention in the crowd. Perhaps it is one of the jugglers or dancers that Isra has hired. Honestly, she’s never seen such activities. She should have to keep these things in mind the next time she is to throw a grand party. Already it seemed as if part of the attendees were drunk, another part losing themselves to the music, and another part like herself…just standing there watching.

She lets her words sink into Asterion’s ears, hoping that she had at least gotten his attention with her question. His answer had her smirking, a line she had used so many times before when she was queen. She hadn’t thought it important to draw attention to her title, so she supposed it did not bother her that Asterion had done the same.

However, it’s when his lips came closer to her ears that she turned them towards his voice, taking them in as if they might be his last. He further explains why he had not spoken of his title and Katniss knows what he must have been feeling. After all, she’s been there before. She understands what it feels like to gain a new title and be struggling to grasp it’s reality. She understands that all too well. “It gets better with time…you get used to the role…and it begins to grow on you.” Her eyes slowly turn back towards him, meeting his gaze for perhaps the first time of the evening. If he looks carefully, he might see understanding in those eyes, a subtle hint along with her words that she understood more of what he was feeling than she was letting on. Perhaps for the first time since arriving in Novus, someone might have a clue to her past life…that she was once a queen herself.

Her eyes hold his gaze for only a moment before it turns back towards the crowd. Someone brings along a tray carrying cups of the punch and she settles on the red punch – the one that matches the color of her eyes. She sips it slowly at first, feeling the burn of alcohol on the way down. Perhaps she needs to loosen up and enjoy herself tonight. After all, this was a party.

@Asterion

Messages In This Thread
You lift me up and I am found - by Katniss - 01-01-2019, 10:50 AM
RE: You lift me up and I am found - by Asterion - 01-01-2019, 01:19 PM
RE: You lift me up and I am found - by Katniss - 01-01-2019, 06:12 PM
RE: You lift me up and I am found - by Asterion - 01-03-2019, 12:49 PM
RE: You lift me up and I am found - by Katniss - 01-03-2019, 03:55 PM
RE: You lift me up and I am found - by Asterion - 01-06-2019, 05:41 PM
RE: You lift me up and I am found - by Katniss - 01-08-2019, 03:35 PM
RE: You lift me up and I am found - by Asterion - 01-16-2019, 01:20 PM
RE: You lift me up and I am found - by Katniss - 01-19-2019, 06:35 PM
RE: You lift me up and I am found - by Asterion - 01-24-2019, 04:10 PM