Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Neverland is a dream, from which you never wake

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pan

Pan

He breathes in the scent of the sea, relaxing visibly as memories soar within him.  Like a fish, the boy will always be drawn toward the water.  One had to wonder if his own mother had been a mermaid or something similar… for the boy seems to follow the song of the waves washing ashore, drifting like flotsam in the tides and dancing along the soft loam of the seashore.  Do you miss your lost boys? her question drifts into his thoughts, and he offers her a whimsical and reassuring smile.

I do, of course… but all I have to do is close my eyes and think of a magical thought, and I’m right back in Neverland once more.  It was a lovely thought really, to be able to escape to such a place where imagination wrote the story.  I should like to find other mermaids… we can listen for their songs.  Nevermind that not all the scaled beasts were mermaids (for one only had to look at himself to know that Pan was far from an enchantress), but it was a lovely and romantic thought.

I know where Caligo is.  It is a surprising thing, for the boy to be so sure of something he truly knows nothing about.  There’s a mountain by the sea, jutting far into the sky.  It takes some time to climb… and the path is kinda tough… but at the top there’s a place kinda like this…  He gestures to the statues.  That’s where they worship the gods.  That must be their home.  In truth, Veneror Peak wasn’t much to look at.  He definitely expected grand temples and gilded halls, but what he’d found instead was well-traveled dirt paths connecting rather crude and simple statues.  Still, the view was one that couldn’t be beaten.  I’ll say a prayer to her, that we hear the mermaid’s songs again.

The youthful boy grins widely at his new friend and her dragon pet, happiness blossoming in his chest at finding yet another comrade in this new world.  I should get going… Somnus might be looking for me.  Though Pan was no longer a member of the Dawn Court, he still lived along the river in his cave.  But I’ll come back soon… I want to hear more about the mermaids.  I’ll have more stories to share soon, promise!  And he turns, trotting away from the Night Court and their merry festival, destined for dreams of fantasy worlds and siren songs.

the vagabond adventurer
character by firefly
html by castlegraphics;
image by franknsteins

Messages In This Thread
Neverland is a dream, from which you never wake - by Pan - 01-21-2019, 04:59 AM
RE: Neverland is a dream, from which you never wake - by Pan - 02-17-2019, 05:40 AM