Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - in dreams he came

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Firefly [PM] Posts: 31 — Threads: 2
Signos: 0
Deceased Character

metaphor

As he wraps her eagle’s wounds, Metaphor smiles, nodding quietly toward Katniss’ words. It is admirable to wish to heal as well as fight. I will teach you what I can. He continues to work deftly, wrapping the bandage tight as he offers a glimpse into his own past. Long ago, I wanted to be a warrior. I thought it quite an admirable thing, like a gallant knight in a faraway kingdom. Merrick trained me… I don’t know if you ever met him, but he was at the Rift too. Pausing, he had to wonder where his mentor had gone, curious if he might someday find his way to Novus as well. Despite his best efforts though, I never made much more than a passable fighter. So, healing fits my talents much more… I am grateful to have something to give to this place, but find what you do so much more admirable, even if I do worry.

There. He nods to the bird, happy with the quiet chirrup that Finnick gives him, knowing that the trust between them was beginning to build with the simple gesture, even if it would take time. Metaphor was nothing if not patient, and he didn’t mind waiting for Finnick to come around. If anything, he preferred the hesitation. Trusting too quickly could get a creature in trouble. Perhaps that is why the bird was wounded in the first place… but Metaphor may never know the cause of such injuries.

We shall meet them together then, he offers to Katniss, stretching and brushing the dust from his shoulder. I’ve been to Delumine… on the way here. Horrible murders took place there, but I shant let it cloud my judgment of the place. God knows there have been dark acts everywhere. I can only hope that Denocte will be spared. His chocolate eyes level with hers as a determined sort of look squares across his pursed lips. And if you’d ever like to see the rest of Novus, I am happy to accompany you, of course.

“Speaking.”
credits

@Katniss - sorry this took so long <3

m e t a p h o r

Messages In This Thread
in dreams he came - by Katniss - 02-11-2019, 11:12 AM
RE: in dreams he came - by Metaphor - 02-16-2019, 04:29 PM
RE: in dreams he came - by Katniss - 02-17-2019, 06:13 AM
RE: in dreams he came - by Metaphor - 02-21-2019, 10:48 AM
RE: in dreams he came - by Katniss - 02-24-2019, 09:56 AM
RE: in dreams he came - by Metaphor - 02-28-2019, 09:46 AM
RE: in dreams he came - by Katniss - 02-28-2019, 06:26 PM