Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - in dreams he came

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Firefly [PM] Posts: 31 — Threads: 2
Signos: 0
Deceased Character

metaphor

As Katniss admits to him her desire to be a scholar, Metaphor has to smile.  It’s not too late to do both.  What you learn can only help in your fighting – and what you share with others will build a stronger cadre for everyone.  I should like to learn the lore of this place too… perhaps it would help me to figure out its secrets.  Novus seemed like a peaceful place, for the most part.  He enjoyed the way that the land was broken up into kingdoms, each with its own solar deity.  Still too, there was something to be said for gods who didn’t meddle much in the lives of their people.  At Ravos, the gods had walked among them.  They had challenged their followers, given them quests, followed their lives, and made them pledge fealty to advance.  It had certainly been one way to approach life, but not necessarily the only way.  He appreciated the differences here, for as much as he loved Ravos, he loved the change as well.

She questions him about the murders, and Metaphor shudders as he remembers.  There were two, their bodies broken and left along the riverside…  He remembered some of the accusations had been aimed at him, but Metaphor had simply been one to stumble upon an already gruesome scene.  Whatever committed the murders was not of this world.  There were cloven tracks leading from the scene, and rightful panic among those who live in Delumine.  I fear that we will not be safe until the creature is found and brought to justice.  And I can only hope it does not find its way here.  

In a gesture meant to comfort himself as much as her, he steps forward and buries his lips in her mane, drawing in the steadying scent of his lover.  If it does, we need to be ready though, and I will help however I can.  It wouldn’t be a bad thing for me to practice fighting as well, at least to defend myself if trouble should befall me.  He offers her a wink and smile.  After all, who’s to say you won’t always be there to save me… I suppose you could teach me a thing or two about fighting.

He stands beside her, looking out the windows of her humble house as an early snow begins to fall on Denocte.  Here, he felt at home – hidden away from the horrors that befell them, and the dangers which would come.  Winter is coming, he murmured quietly.  And change… change is coming for all of us.  We would do well to be as prepared as we can be – and to hope for a brighter spring.

And as the sun sets on the pair, promise lingers between them, untarnished by the ills of this world.  Together, they would face whatever would come.  Together, they would prevail.

“Speaking.”
credits

@Katniss – ending this thread but we can definitely start another when you’re ready

m e t a p h o r

Messages In This Thread
in dreams he came - by Katniss - 02-11-2019, 11:12 AM
RE: in dreams he came - by Metaphor - 02-16-2019, 04:29 PM
RE: in dreams he came - by Katniss - 02-17-2019, 06:13 AM
RE: in dreams he came - by Metaphor - 02-21-2019, 10:48 AM
RE: in dreams he came - by Katniss - 02-24-2019, 09:56 AM
RE: in dreams he came - by Metaphor - 02-28-2019, 09:46 AM
RE: in dreams he came - by Katniss - 02-28-2019, 06:26 PM
RE: in dreams he came - by Metaphor - 03-16-2019, 06:36 AM
RE: in dreams he came - by Katniss - 03-26-2019, 05:03 AM
RE: in dreams he came - by Metaphor - 04-02-2019, 06:42 AM