Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - the courage of stars; dusk meeting

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Asterion

Asterion
in sunshine and in shadow*

Home. 

His imaginings of this moment had been like waves, ceaseless and varied. Hope and fear and sorrow and pride, fierce joy and quiet shame - and here he stands now, with the sea at his back, the last of the summer warmth in the breeze, his people before him.  

Perhaps it would have been a grander setting, to mark their return in the castle or the courtyard - banners snapping in the light wind, the morning sun pooling through the windows, the ancient throne stately in the background. But that was not the Terrastella that had stolen Asterion’s heart, nor the one that had suffered so in the events unfolding after the Summit. So he had gathered them outside the walls, where the sun shone bright on their backs and the sea glinted turquoise and the new-grown grass was still summer green.

Time had done its work of quiet restoration; there were scars still from the flooding and the mudslides, but their land was healing. It was Dusk’s people Asterion worried for now. 

As always there was ill news on the wind; another shadow of Denocte, vying for the Day Court’s crown. Peace had seemed so near the past few months - the bay wonders if it would always be this way, a fleeting thing just out of reach, like a moon-trail on the water. There was never time to be weak, never time to hesitate. 

With Cirrus watching solemnly from a sloping stone nearby, Asterion sweeps his gaze over those gathered. “It is good to see you all,” he begins, and pitches his voice louder, more level, to be heard above the sighing of wind and water and grass. “And good to stand here again. Thank you, Israfel and those who stayed, for keeping the court safe. There is still uncertainty in Novus - but our bond with Denocte is stronger than ever, and we will together heal what remains wounded.” 

“For too long there have been empty ranks - we cannot be whole without strong and wise leadership. I am happy to announce new Champions.” He nods to where they stand. “Once she has completed her spar with Israfel, Theodosia will take up the mantle of our Champion of Battle. I’m sure most of you know her - there is nothing she has not done for Terrastella. She makes me proud to be of Dusk.” His dark-eyed gaze finds hers, and a grin finds the corner of his mouth, there and gone again. “And Euryale will be our Champion of Wisdom.” When he searches for her among those gathered, his heart feels caught like a bird; Cirrus stirs nearby, casting him a keen gaze. “I encourage you all to get to know them both in the weeks ahead.” He smiles, then, and relaxes just a little. Public announcements have never been his favorite part of kingship - though he might be pressed to find any, save for the cooks always pushing food on him. 

It is his Champions he looks to now, and his Commander of the Halcyon - but the other citizens are not forgotten. When he speaks again, his voice still reaches them all. “As for what should come next…I would hear your thoughts.”

It's good to be back! @Marisol @Atreus @Israfel @Theodosia @Fiona @Euryale tagging all Champions (and our Commander)! but everybody is welcome to participate! A response is mandatory for Champions and recommended for other Dusk members. Let me know if you have any questions or comments! <3

Messages In This Thread
the courage of stars; dusk meeting - by Asterion - 02-11-2019, 01:52 PM
RE: the courage of stars; dusk meeting - by Fiona - 02-12-2019, 01:04 PM
RE: the courage of stars; dusk meeting - by Rhone - 02-13-2019, 07:49 AM
RE: the courage of stars; dusk meeting - by Erd - 02-14-2019, 10:09 PM
RE: the courage of stars; dusk meeting - by Ard - 02-14-2019, 10:10 PM
RE: the courage of stars; dusk meeting - by Euryale - 02-15-2019, 11:17 AM
RE: the courage of stars; dusk meeting - by Thana - 02-17-2019, 10:55 PM
RE: the courage of stars; dusk meeting - by Mephisto - 02-19-2019, 02:21 PM
RE: the courage of stars; dusk meeting - by Asterion - 02-25-2019, 11:08 AM
RE: the courage of stars; dusk meeting - by Rhone - 02-26-2019, 09:48 AM