Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Just think of happy things

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pan

Pan

As Pan peers into the lush underbrush, he can just begin to make out Fiona’s form.  He steps closer, and so does she, until they stand face to face.  The initial shock at seeing another equine is quickly replaced by an easy smile, as he nods to her in greeting.  She was a beautiful creature – pale purple and cream like the sunrise, and she had a kindness to her eyes that invited Pan in.  Hello, he repeats again, I’m Pan, what’s your name?  Little does he know that Fiona cannot answer, but Pan was never one to be shy.  Instead, he simply waits for a bit in awkward silence for the answer that would not come.

Distracted, the boy reaches into his satchel to draw out a bushel of wildflowers for his new friend, thrusting it toward her.  Sunny black-eyed-susans seem to perk up when he brings them back into the air, and he lays them at her feet in a curious sort of offering.  Perhaps she would appreciate the plants more than the apple (two of Pan’s most favorite things).  It is then that his eyes fall onto her sketchbook, tucked against her like a prized possession.

Is that… is that a book?  Reaching back into his satchel, the scaled boy wrestles a rather thick, leather bound tome from his bag.  He hefts it out with a clatter (for the other items in his bag make quite a noise), and spreads it lovingly onto the grass, flipping through the pages to show Fiona.  I have one too… this one’s about plants.  It shows you which ones are poisionous, which ones are good for healing.  I’m collecting them all.  As if illustrating his point, Pan comes even closer to Fiona and creates an opening so she can see inside his satchel.  There, scattered among his baubles are various types of plants, tied with crude rope in bushels, some dried and some clearly freshly picked.

I have more too, in my cave… but… he hesitates, drawing a breath to steady himself.  But I can’t go back there… not right now.

the vagabond adventurer
character by firefly
html by castlegraphics;
image by franknsteins

@Fiona

Messages In This Thread
Just think of happy things - by Pan - 02-21-2019, 03:07 PM
RE: Just think of happy things - by Fiona - 02-26-2019, 11:29 AM
RE: Just think of happy things - by Pan - 03-03-2019, 04:44 AM
RE: Just think of happy things - by Fiona - 03-19-2019, 03:05 PM
RE: Just think of happy things - by Pan - 04-02-2019, 06:03 AM
RE: Just think of happy things - by Fiona - 04-07-2019, 06:31 AM