Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Just think of happy things

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Fiona

The boy introduced himself and Fiona could only smile every softer for it. He was so sweet and kind, and full of smiles and youthfulness. Ah, she remembered being young, having the whole world at your fingertips. Feeling like you could do and be anything you wanted to be. She saw all of that in this young man, a whole world of possibilities, and yet she felt a measure of worldliness in him as well, as if he had seen and done much already in his life. Curious, she thought.

Moments stretched between them, silent, until Pan's attention wandered. From out of his satchel he pulled a small bouquet of black eyed susans and laid them at her feet. Fiona's eyes sparkled as she grasped them gently. For a moment her lilac eyes were concentrated on the flowers as she twisted and wove the malleable stems. After a short few minutes she displayed a small necklace fashioned of the yellow blooms, and draped it carefully about Pan's neck. Then, taking one she had saved, tucked it among her lavender braid, smiling.

It was then that he noticed her book, where she held it against her side. His excitement was almost palpable, contagious, as he once more returned to his goodies and pulled yet another gem from the satchel's depths. His tome was large and no doubt quite heavy, for as he flipped through it her gaze took in all the information it carried. Oh, if all the knowledge she'd once stored in her journals could have been condensed to a single volume, the book would have been as big around as the youth at her side.

Fiona set her own book down on the grass in front of them, pulling the pencil out from where it was tucked between two pages. More confident, then, she began to write. It's a pleasure to meet you, Pan. A pause, her gaze lifting to the boy and then, My name is Fiona. This is my journal, I use it to communicate with others, like you! She smiled a little wider, then, a little warmer. Her heart felt soothed by this boy and his countenance, carefree and bubbly. His antics made it easier to forget the troubling truths she'd been facing as of late. At least for the time being.

Ah, but then the moment shifted and it was tangible, how his breathing shuddered and he needed to steady himself against whatever own truths he was trying to leave behind. She frowned a moment, concern coloring her gaze as it watched him. What darkness had he been forced to experience, that made him so afraid to return home? Fiona turned back to the pages of her book and wrote again, I can't go back to my house either, and it was a pang in her heart all over again, a blade buried to the hilt.

She did not want to focus on sad things, however. Far more important to her was finding a way to make Pan feel more comfortable. To take the haunted shadow out of his eyes, to bring back the sun in the skies that had him singing and dancing such a short time ago. But you can stay here in Terrastella as long as you need to. I am a healer, I could teach you more about plants and what they can do, if you'd like. She could only hope that her small offering was enough.

Writing.

@Pan

Messages In This Thread
Just think of happy things - by Pan - 02-21-2019, 03:07 PM
RE: Just think of happy things - by Fiona - 02-26-2019, 11:29 AM
RE: Just think of happy things - by Pan - 03-03-2019, 04:44 AM
RE: Just think of happy things - by Fiona - 03-19-2019, 03:05 PM
RE: Just think of happy things - by Pan - 04-02-2019, 06:03 AM
RE: Just think of happy things - by Fiona - 04-07-2019, 06:31 AM
RE: Just think of happy things - by Pan - 04-13-2019, 07:03 AM
RE: Just think of happy things - by Fiona - 04-26-2019, 02:50 PM