Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - ' ' When the world seems to shine *

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline e-cho [PM] Posts: 243 — Threads: 27
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

Moira - -
Bells will ring ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting-a-ling-a-ling

The knocking came late that evening, after an owl was sent into the morning light to find her court and her Regent to the north. Just a quick nap, that's what the woman wished for upon returning to the library where night always seems eternal. Only the window up high allows for sunlight to stream in, bright enough to read by without the need of lamps in the right spot, but dark enough to still find Caligo's kiss of darkness in the corners where so few venture.

It is here that Cirrus wheels into; stormy wings dipped in white are nearly silent through the shelves, and when orange feet land before honey eyes, Moira's heart stutters. She must have flown across the sea, she thinks, to have come back so swiftly. Where a sigh flutters, quickly the phoenix covers it and rises from the mat upon the floor. She dips her head, smiling, "Hello my friend," and a wing is extended for the gull to climb upon and rest while the letter is opened.

She ignores the tremor that seems to run through the thick paper, her nerves not yet having settled. (Would they ever calm with so many storms constantly on the horizon?) Heart clenches and she huffs out a stubborn breath, raises and eye and looks to Cirrus. "He worries too much, doesn't he?" With love and hope - why did he sign it so? With hope. It stirs her from her reverie, pulls her to the sleepless present.
My dear friend,

The world cannot rest solely upon your shoulders, even you cannot make the stars fall or realign. It is good you are home, the people need their King, do they not? Tend to them, Denocte is in good hands and we will prevail.

Marisol and Theodosia will be treated as one of our own, and their services are greatly appreciated. How can I ever repay you for the kindness in your heart? I don't think a million glasses of dandelion wine would ever tell me the secret...

Cirrus needs rest, so I'll set up a roost or nest in my chambers until she is ready enough to return to your side.

Thank you, my friend, for your faith and courage. It gives me hope for the future knowing that there are those like you that walk these lands. Thank you, Asterion.

Your faithful companion,

Moira Tonnerre

Setting a similar seal as she had that morning on her letter to Delumine, the phoenix looks to Cirrus again as she carries her new companion to the aerie. Together they tie the note about the leg of a sleek pigeon. Her greyness reflects the sorrow in the skies this evening, and it is with sorrow and joy that the Pegasus sets the bird off into the skies where she seems to disappear. "God speed, little dove."

"Speaking."
credits

Messages In This Thread
' ' When the world seems to shine * - by Moira - 02-24-2019, 01:14 PM
RE: ' ' When the world seems to shine * - by Asterion - 02-26-2019, 10:32 AM
RE: ' ' When the world seems to shine * - by Moira - 03-03-2019, 06:53 PM