Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - almost forgotten

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Avdotya

Whose side, indeed. It was a question many parties would soon find themselves scrambling to answer in the wake of Raum’s ascension, whether to align with the yet-to-be-known corvid king or face his wrath and paint defiance upon their flesh. The viper herself knew of only one thing: the Davke would find their feet in the turbulence to come, she would do whatever it took to secure their place in the Mors once more. Their time as mere words upon a dusty, dog-eared page were near an end now - Solterra’s vast desert would soon promise fear at every swoop and crest of its great dunes, for the feral horde would soon awaken from their too-long slumber.

And so Jahin’s answer meant more than simply a statement of his allegiance. This was a matter of his loyalty to his roots, to his family and the wild blood that coursed through his own veins. That wild blood was still out there, it never truly ran dry in spite of the efforts of others. But had he even come looking for them? Were they so quickly forgotten when the brush of silver hair had strung him into the arms of the very court that decimated his kin?

Avdotya could feel her blood begin to effervesce as her thoughts ran rampant, the heat in her eyes growing more intense by the moment. ”They waste their time mourning,” she hissed lowly, ”sorrow does not avenge the dead.” The mare was not petty enough to have turned a blind eye to Seraphina’s shining reputation among her citizens; she was a strong woman and, though she would never admit it, a respectable leader. She knew many would brace against a new king’s reign. Regardless, the queen’s demise left a wide opening to those who lingered and laid in wait. The capitol was vulnerable, as Jahin pointed out, and Avdotya would be one of the first to slip past the gates she had once burned down in order to take her upper hand.

Her path was quite clear now. ”I will have the Davke back while they struggle upon their knees. I will erase the work of the dead boy king and his court of cowards.” She stepped closer to Jahin, close enough that he might have caught the foul smell of rot she carried with her while the noble’s jaws hung agape and festering. ”I will have them back as the world remembers them if it means I draw my last breath doing it.” The viper stepped even closer still. Her gaze was entirely critical, almost as harsh as the desert sun in its attempt at prying what she sought out of him. ”I wonder if you would do the same? If not for us all, then perhaps for our dear Makeda...” Avdotya knew who the man's heart once beat for, but oh, did it still yearn for a wayward girl?
You’re playing my game now, @jahin

Messages In This Thread
almost forgotten - by Avdotya - 02-24-2019, 05:41 PM
RE: almost forgotten - by Jahin - 02-24-2019, 10:35 PM
RE: almost forgotten - by Avdotya - 02-25-2019, 10:44 PM
RE: almost forgotten - by Jahin - 02-28-2019, 08:51 PM
RE: almost forgotten - by Avdotya - 03-03-2019, 12:23 AM
RE: almost forgotten - by Jahin - 03-05-2019, 08:00 PM
RE: almost forgotten - by Avdotya - 03-07-2019, 12:18 AM