Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - lavender's blue, dilly, dilly

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ipomoea

A
s always, it was the time spent between sending a letter off and receiving a response that was the most exciting. Every day held a mystery, every morning asking the same question: would today be the day? Every shadow on the horizon made his heart leap, hoping the wings carried a message, aimed for his window. 

He can’t quite say why it’s so thrilling - his own letter had hardly been one to evoke joy - but he chose not to question it.

When the familiar owl finally arrives on his windowsill again, he allows himself a moment of eagerness. The anticipation builds with each step he takes across the room, until his hands are shaking with excitement - but abruptly falls when he sees the unfamiliar stamp sealing the letter shut.

He hesitates a moment, before tearing the parchment open. His heart flutters inside of his chest, his cerise eyes cautious, and he reads.

For a second he is silent, still, unable to move. Only his eyes flicker back and forth, reading and re-reading, hardly daring to believe the words on the page.

The bird coos softly, and he reaches out absentmindedly to stroke his soft feathers. Then he settles down to write his reply, the quill shaking in his grasp.

When he finishes, he folds the letter as neatly as he is able, before affixing it back to the owl’s leg. “I’m sorry,” Po whispers, carrying him back to the window. “You’ll get a fair rest after this, I promise.”

Then he releases the bird into the twilight sky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Moira, Acting Sovereign of Denocte

Today is a dark day indeed. It pains me to hear of the tragedy that has struck your country; even here, on the opposite end of Novus, Isra was dearly loved. I will be praying for her safe return; may Oriens watch over her.

I’m afraid we cannot do much from home, but if there is any way we might be able to help, you have only to name it. We will keep our eyes out for this silver man or clues to his whereabouts. I hope he can be brought to justice soon.

If you can spare the time, I would greatly appreciate your offer to peruse the libraries. I do not have much information myself to aid your search, only that the beast is big enough to take down several yearlings at once, with a hunger to match. Predator-like tracks were found around the bodies, with deep gouges marring their skin. Everything else is a mystery.

Do keep us informed of your search; Delumine is anxious to see Isra returned home.

Stay safe as well, Moira. I fear this may be only the beginning of the storm that is to come, and it seems there are fewer and fewer safe places to shelter in.

Signed,

Ipomoea
Regent of the Dawn Court

OOC | @Moira
coding by eshye
art by rhiann

Messages In This Thread
lavender's blue, dilly, dilly - by Ipomoea - 02-25-2019, 11:42 AM
RE: lavender's blue, dilly, dilly - by Moira - 03-03-2019, 05:56 PM
RE: lavender's blue, dilly, dilly - by Ipomoea - 03-10-2019, 03:35 PM
RE: lavender's blue, dilly, dilly - by Moira - 04-04-2019, 11:14 PM
RE: lavender's blue, dilly, dilly - by Ipomoea - 04-26-2019, 12:56 AM