Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Through the dark, through the door

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pan

Pan

Her voice is a calming thing to Pan, and the boy closes his eyes once more, drawing the sea air and her melodious words into his mind.  He forces away the thoughts of death, drawing on his memories and dreams, trying to think of the happiest thought.  Long ago, there had been nothing to sway the boy from his happiness and jovial demeanor.  As he’d left the comforts of Neverland behind though, Pan had been exposed to the truths of the world around him.  The truth was, life is seldom as kind as it seemed in fairytales.  Slowly but surely, Pan was adjusting… but despite the darkness which existed in the world, nothing could drag him down for long.

His green eyes seem steadier now as they find hers, finding warmth and trust.  Though the boy was always too trusting in strangers, there is something which beckons him to open up to Runa and her dragon friend.  He needs to talk with someone, truly… he needs to get the feelings off his chest.  Drawing a breath once more, he pushes through the shock to find his words.  I was playing in the river, looking for the dolphins… Somnus says there are dolphins… and there was blood in the water.  He shivers before continuing.  

It was awful… something killed those poor horses.  And they thought it was me, but I swear it wasn’t me!  Whoever did this is still out there… what if he comes for us next?  His eyes are wide with concern as his child brain considers the consequences.  It was true that Novus was under attack from multiple angles – both from outside forces and from shifting politics within.  These matters were usually inconsequential to the boy of stories and adventures, but even he cannot be untouched by the events of late.

I had to leave my treasures behind.  His voice is a breaking whisper, as sadness washes over him.  So much time and painstaking love had gone into his collection, and though it would sit untouched in his hidden cave, he still missed the comforts of his home.  Without a place to go or a home to speak of, Pan had simply resigned himself to staying as far away as he could.  But the boy could hardly run forever.

the vagabond adventurer
character by firefly
html by castlegraphics;
image by franknsteins
@Runaveig

Messages In This Thread
Through the dark, through the door - by Pan - 02-27-2019, 10:38 AM
RE: Through the dark, through the door - by Pan - 02-28-2019, 08:52 AM
RE: Through the dark, through the door - by Pan - 03-07-2019, 05:20 AM
RE: Through the dark, through the door - by Pan - 04-13-2019, 06:37 AM