Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - bardic inspiration

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

am i beautiful
as i tear you to pieces?
At Morrighan's explanation of her arrival here, the mare's expression changed significantly. She seemed both concerned and confused since she hadn't really heard of anything like it before. Of course, it would be Morr's luck to be a special case. What had she done to deserve blacking out and winding up here? Had they really upset the never-present gods that they had to be punished for fighting in the war? These were things that she would likely never know and that was the part that still bothered her.

Suddenly the other mare brightened up at a new thought, then suggested that Morrighan had simply been sleepwalking. The dragon companion let out a sigh and, if Morr had the ability to facepalm, she would.

"No… I don't think that was it," she replied flatly. Images of the war flashed through her mind and she gritted her teeth. "There was a Great War in my homeland. I was in the middle of the battle when I suddenly blacked out. I woke up here after, so it was something, but it couldn't have been sleepwalking." Sleepwalking would have required quite a distance to be traveled and there was no way she could have done that magicless and mortal.

It had escaped her that the two hadn't introduced themselves, so she learned that the mare was Runa and her companion was Umbra. She gave a sort of half smile to the dragon, still not feeling completely sure of it.

"My name is Morrighan," she replied with a nod. "I've seen you around the court - how long have you been a member?" She found herself surprised at asking the question since normally she couldn't care less about others. Maybe this new world was changing her already.

The noise around them of the market drew her attention away from the pair for a moment. Everything from the streets to the merchants to the products was so otherworldly to her. It was interesting, but at the same time just left Morrighan feeling more confused and out of place.

"The world is so much different here than my home. It's much more…" Primitive, she wanted to say, but that didn't sound right. "Rural. We just didn't have all these standing structures and activity." It was a wonder if she would ever become used to this new life.

@Runaveig

“Speaking.”
Art by The-Day-of-Shadow ; Table by Katherine

Messages In This Thread
bardic inspiration - by Runaveig - 03-01-2019, 08:06 PM
RE: bardic inspiration - by Morrighan - 03-03-2019, 09:53 PM
RE: bardic inspiration - by Runaveig - 03-06-2019, 08:21 PM
RE: bardic inspiration - by Morrighan - 03-09-2019, 11:48 PM
RE: bardic inspiration - by Runaveig - 04-01-2019, 12:09 AM
RE: bardic inspiration - by Morrighan - 04-04-2019, 09:39 PM
RE: bardic inspiration - by Runaveig - 04-22-2019, 05:57 AM
RE: bardic inspiration - by Morrighan - 05-04-2019, 08:49 PM