Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - an evolutionary inferior creature, governed by hormonal chaos

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Polyxena

She watches the strange land on the horizon grow closer. 

The moon is bright tonight, washing everything in a solemn silver glaze. Too bright. She feels deeply ill at ease docking this night, even though it will be well past midnight when they do. It's too bright, too exposed, but the captain can't be dissuaded and she can't bear to be alone with him longer than she must--he reeks of filth and desperation and quite frankly she doesn't like to be around dirty or desperate people.

She switches her focus from the horizon to stare at the moon; straining, grasping at frayed strands of magic that were once strong and thick as steel cords, as reassuring and steadfast as a one hundred year old oak tree. Of course, nothing happens. 

Darkness does not draw across the moon like an elegant black funeral curtain, and she is reminded that what is left her magic is shattered and lost. It will take sheer will and relentlessness to recover what was lost to her.

But she will, make no mistake. As long as it takes her, whatever it takes

Despite the sour turn of events in her own country (and a two month long bought of sea sickness), she remains very much herself, very much Polyxena, lady of darkness.

She is dismayed, yes, and grieving for her slaughtered sisters (even the ones that had a tendency to stab her in the back at any given opportunity), but dwelling in despair on events she cannot change is almost as pitiful as the drunken sailors on board that sing and pine for lovers long lost. 

And honestly, she feels very much like throttling the men that surround her--You'd think a goddamn pirate would know more than two shanties... She's the only woman on board and apparently the only one interested in personal hygiene, but why would she expect anything else from filthy, wayward pirates?

And it is such vessel that carries her to this new world--a dismal, ugly wooden thing that carries beggars, thieves, and no doubt, smuggled goods (such as Polyxena herself). They have given her a wide berth while at sea; her reputation has preceded her.

But there is no reputation that precedes her now, as the ship docks into the blackmarket ports in Solterra. A unit of heavily armored soldiers instantly seize the vessel and all those on board. She hisses softly as they put shackles around her ankles, but otherwise does not resist. Has she escaped one kingdom ruled by a madman only to arrive in another?

She has only her cunning and wit to help her survive here.

P O L Y X E N A
oh, I drain your life 'til there's
nothing left but your blood shot eyes
oh, I take my time 'til I show you how I feel inside

@Raum

Messages In This Thread
an evolutionary inferior creature, governed by hormonal chaos - by Polyxena - 03-05-2019, 06:10 PM