Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Gentle drops, sliding down my heart

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Lothaire

[Image: lothaire_by_destrierdesigns-dbelvo5.png]

The quiet which cloaked them was not stifling to Lothaire; if he had ever found anything comforting - it would be silence. He shivers, still, the cold seeping further into his bones as though its intention was to stay; but having been carved from a dark shade of ice himself, Lo did not yield.

Florentine presented him the concept of loneliness, and had he been blithe, had he been weightless, he might have smiled. Might have. "Solitude is not the same as loneliness." Perhaps in his earliest memories he could recall the dull ache of something he couldn't define, only to presume now it had been a forlorn longing for someone, something, to share all the beautiful and ugly parts of himself. But it had faded indefinitely as he had grown into and unto a man impervious to such soulful desires.

His focus drifted languidly back to the girl before him, the water lilting between them, and she smiles then. It was a fascinating thing, her smile, and the darkness of his mind absorbed the flash of her white teeth and the wrinkles around her lips. But it was the words which danced from her tongue that truly caught Lothaire, stringing up his old dusty heart with rope and tether.  Worlds, magic, Gods. He could only listen; the black emptiness in his eyes burning darker still - showing nothing, feeling ... something. She might have been but a storyteller, a liar, a fabricator; it mattered not. 

Lothaire gazed mutedly at her dagger, as though it held all the secrets of the universe within it's silvern hilt. Not for the first time in his life the reptilian man is quite short of words, holding the silence tighter for the familiarity of its cool embrace. Yet - he breathes: "I would like that. I would like that very much." It was gone - whatever light magic had stirred before in his chest, for Lo knew it to be dangerous. He retreated into himself once more. The tall man turned his body toward the land as again he shivered within the water. "Come."

@Florentine sorry this is so late and rather uninspired, my muse went on vacation in the bermuda triangle.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gentle drops, sliding down my heart - by Lothaire - 07-15-2017, 08:24 AM
RE: Gentle drops, sliding down my heart - by Lothaire - 07-17-2017, 01:42 PM
RE: Gentle drops, sliding down my heart - by Lothaire - 07-25-2017, 09:49 AM
RE: Gentle drops, sliding down my heart - by Lothaire - 08-08-2017, 07:51 AM