Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - I am not a stranger to the dark

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Firefly [PM] Posts: 31 — Threads: 2
Signos: 0
Deceased Character

metaphor
Standing along beneath the grand arches of marble, Metaphor is struck with awe and wonder.  His chocolate eyes want to drink everything in, roaming greedily over the place as he stands in silence within the ethereal hall.  Surely this had been some grand temple in its day, long abandoned by the worshipers since.  Where he’d expected to see an altar dripping with gold and adornments, there is little more than dusty piles of leaves.  Still, the purple flowers add a touch of elegance to the wild temple, a hint of the grandeur which once stood in this place.  And Metaphor aches to know more.

There is an eerie sort of quiet in the marble mount, but where he could have found a disquieting loneliness, Metaphor instead finds peace.  For the briefest of moments, he closes his eyes and lets the autumn air wash over him.  This peace is quickly interrupted though as his absentminded question finds an answer.  Turning slowly toward the voice, the healer looks over its bearer.

He could be frightened by Amaroq’s appearance – and perhaps he should.  But there is little that threatens the red stallion but a coldness, and the glean of sunlight against the stranger’s sharp teeth.  His eyes are unabashedly curious as they roam over the silver creature, stopping when they meet eyes as silver as the moon, and just as emotionless.  He offers something of a half smile to the stranger, not one to present a wary face, even as Maaemo’s orb glows brightly behind him like a beacon staving off the guarded fear that catches in his breast.  I have nothing but guesses, truly, he answers honestly.  Is this where they worship Caligo

Being new here, Metaphor had to speculate that it was a temple to the demi-goddess which Katniss had told him about.  Why else would such a strange monument be carved into the cliffs?  It could only be a pious sort of place, judging by the way the wind whispered against its marble walls.  For now though, this is the best guess Metaphor can come up with… why then, was it hidden?  

“Speaking.”
credits

@Amaroq - sorry for the delay <3

m e t a p h o r

Messages In This Thread
I am not a stranger to the dark - by Metaphor - 03-10-2019, 01:28 PM
RE: I am not a stranger to the dark - by Amaroq - 03-12-2019, 12:11 PM
RE: I am not a stranger to the dark - by Metaphor - 03-17-2019, 03:11 AM
RE: I am not a stranger to the dark - by Amaroq - 03-18-2019, 10:38 AM
RE: I am not a stranger to the dark - by Metaphor - 03-24-2019, 05:42 AM
RE: I am not a stranger to the dark - by Amaroq - 03-25-2019, 05:20 PM
RE: I am not a stranger to the dark - by Metaphor - 03-31-2019, 03:33 AM