Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - I am not a stranger to the dark

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Firefly [PM] Posts: 31 — Threads: 2
Signos: 0
Deceased Character

metaphor

There is a part of the red stallion that wants to stay up here forever, lost to the silence of the mountain and held in the peace of Mother Nature’s arms.  He feels most at home in the stillness of morning, and deep in the silent temple, he finds a piece of himself once more.  Maaemo’s orb blinks a bit brighter, hovering lazily over his left shoulder as he watches, murmuring quietly to his companion.  The world just seems so small from up here – so inconsequential.  I have to wonder if this is how the gods see us, as little more than bustling ants going about our days, oblivious to the greater world beyond our understanding.

He watches Amaroq’s gaze trail to the sea, noting the longing in his eyes.  Here, he knew, was a creature who was as born to be among the waves and surf as his own wandering heart would draw him back to the forest.  He could understand the draw of the sea, the peace that comes with the sounds of waves washing ashore and the enveloping of water rushing over you.  It would not surprise him if the stoic grey beast were growing tired of his time here on the mount, desperate to return to his briny depths.

I suppose I need to return… after all, dark times are upon us, and we should all keep our wits about us and our sights trained on the horizon.  It’s only a matter of time until war finds its way to Denocte.  When it did, perhaps this very temple would be a good spot for the sentries and spies to gaze upon them.  He turned then to Amaroq, offering him a nod and a slight smile, before turning back toward the kingdom and making his way toward the herd once more.

“Speaking.”
credits

@amaroq @nestle @Official Night Account

m e t a p h o r

Messages In This Thread
I am not a stranger to the dark - by Metaphor - 03-10-2019, 01:28 PM
RE: I am not a stranger to the dark - by Amaroq - 03-12-2019, 12:11 PM
RE: I am not a stranger to the dark - by Metaphor - 03-17-2019, 03:11 AM
RE: I am not a stranger to the dark - by Amaroq - 03-18-2019, 10:38 AM
RE: I am not a stranger to the dark - by Metaphor - 03-24-2019, 05:42 AM
RE: I am not a stranger to the dark - by Amaroq - 03-25-2019, 05:20 PM
RE: I am not a stranger to the dark - by Metaphor - 03-31-2019, 03:33 AM