Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - eyes that fire and sword have seen

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Jahin

Jahin has never seen a goddess in his lifetime. But he has seen a god before. He has witnessed Solis walking the earth in all his arrogant, wrathful glory. And now, comparing the two experiences, he has to say this goddess is considerably more attractive than Solis.

He stands soaked, drenched, far too surprised to do anything other than what he is already doing: standing at the pool’s edge staring at the feathered goddess like a dumbfounded idiot. Should I bow? he asks himself absentmindedly, still blatantly staring as she emerges from the pool with droplets of glistening water beading her ivory skin like vintage pearls.

Earthling. Her voice is soft, ethereal. Demure, glittering emerald eyes pierce him like a dagger blade. She is something out of a fairy-tale.

Er, hi.” Realizing he is staring and standing there like blithering simpleton, he quickly moves to make himself  useful and helps her out of the pool, allowing her to rest her wings on his shoulders. The feathers feel like gossamer satin on his damp skin.

Hey, uh, are you okay ? Did it hurt?

He’s referring to her fall in the water, but realizes too late—utterly horrified—that the sentence is the beginning of a dismal pick-up line that drunken capitol dwellers in taverns like to use on beautiful women who clearly have no interest whatsoever. He’s not sure how the rest of it goes….something about heaven. The last thing he wants to do is objectify women like those lewd, vulgar scoundrels in the capitol—he is Davke and he prides himself on treating women with honor and respect. Women are sacred. Mothers, warriors, matriarchs.

Not that you fell, you know, from heaven.” He is wracking his brain for the right words, for something that might sound even remotely intelligent; the strain is immense. “I mean maybe you did, you look like their sort.” He really needs to stop talking. “I just meant that you hit the water pretty hard…

Solis, smite me now.

Best just forget the ordeal. He clears his throat, hoping he sounds less like a love-struck idiot and more like a revered Davke warrior when he speaks again. After he has helped her onto the sand, he scans the sky with hawk eyes. “Is something chasing you?

Messages In This Thread
eyes that fire and sword have seen - by Jahin - 03-25-2019, 08:58 PM
RE: eyes that fire and sword have seen - by Jahin - 03-29-2019, 06:47 PM