Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - you can fly

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 60 — Threads: 8
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

samaira
Jump, take a leap of faith,
shake your heart awake beneath.
You have all it takes, open your wings.

The fields are crisp and dry in the oncoming chill, and their brittle grasses scratch across her legs beneath the force of the wind coming down the mountains, carrying wildly dancing flurries with it. The sky is dotted with cloud cover, the sun peeking out from behind it and dropping wide rays of warm light to the ground below. Samaira stands and looks up at the sky and shivers.

“You’ve got to do it at some time or another,” prompts a voice in her head. The pegasus glances at the great white heron at her side, and her nervous energy fills her silver eyes. The wind ruffles the feathers of her wings… both of her wings, for her previously damaged one had finally healed and been unwrapped. After so long with the bandages on, it felt strange to be able to move both of her wings away from her side. She opened them part way, allowing the wind to pull against them. “What if it’s weak, and I fall?”

She hates to admit it, hates that after all this time telling herself that the first thing she would do when her wing healed was fly, but now she is afraid. Samaira is afraid that she will take to the sky and it will be nothing like she has always imagined it to be. She is afraid that her dream will turn out to be a disappointment. “You won’t fall, everything will be okay. And I’ll be right here with you,” Alaunus says again. Her bondmate is young, but he is still her calm support system.

Even as her heart races wildly, unevenly.

Oh, she is afraid.

“Or,” he begins, “You can walk away, and never know what it is like to touch the sky the way you’ve always wanted to.” The earth colored woman sighs, her head dropping, her wings closing at her sides. “I’ll give up flying, and just stick right by your side forever. I promise it won’t get overwhelming. You know how I love to talk, and talk, and talk.”

“Okay, okay,” Samaira cannot help the bubbling laugh that escapes her, and her gratefulness at her bondmate’s ability to make her smile is a warmth in her chest. She steels herself, breathes in and out once, twice, three times. When she lifts her head again, the sun is pouring through the clouds. “I’m going to do it,” she says, as if trying to convince herself. She bunches her legs, opens her wings again. Hesitates.

She is afraid.

"Speaking."

[Image: 13481303_KpOIcOG7drxHK9U.png?1556314753]
we'll fulfill our dreams
and we'll be free

Messages In This Thread
you can fly - by Samaira - 04-02-2019, 09:56 AM
RE: you can fly - by Israfel - 04-28-2019, 10:11 PM
RE: you can fly - by Samaira - 05-06-2019, 07:50 PM
RE: you can fly - by Israfel - 06-04-2019, 09:30 AM
RE: you can fly - by Samaira - 07-19-2019, 11:27 AM