Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - you can fly

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 60 — Threads: 8
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

samaira
Jump, take a leap of faith,
shake your heart awake beneath.
You have all it takes, open your wings.

Samaira is just about to give up and go for it another day, despite the guilt churning her stomach like a stormy sea, when the sound of approaching steps catches in her ears. The earthen pegasus is more grateful for the interruption than she shows, but as she closes her wings and straightens her posture, lifting her head to look upon her new found company, she hears the cross sounding sigh that Alaunus releases.

"Hello, Israfel," she greets. She knows of Terrastella's warden, though she's not sure how familiar with her the other equine is. Israfel, having the rank she does, is quite easy to come by information on, simply by hearing snippets of other's conversations. When the gilded woman mentions her wing, Samaira shifts them a little self-consciously, glancing down at Alaunus for a moment. "It is healed, yes," she says carefully, with her smoky accent.

She can't say whether it is better or not, because she hasn't used it yet. The guilt wrenches her chest again and she grimaces a little inwardly. "I was just working myself up to testing it," and failing she thinks but doesn't say outloud. It is then that Alaunus seemingly gets a brilliant idea, for he takes a few hopping steps toward Israfel and dramatically flares his shimmering, iridescent wings. He looks the ivory and gold warden in the eyes and bobs his head, flapping his wings.

Samaira shakes her head a little sheepishly, and is about to ask him to stop but then he looks sharply at her. Oh, sometimes he is far too smart for his own good. "What if she joined you? A good, proper flying buddy, and a possible new friend to boot. You really need more of those." The earthen woman looks at her bonded, then back at Israfel. She could ask, it would be so simple. 'Please, will you consider joining me?'

She opens her mouth, but that is not what comes out, "But, perhaps I will try it another day." She still cannot admit it, cannot find the trust in her she needs to give it away as freely as she used to. Another day… right. The sky will still be there, she tells herself, and that's almost enough for her.

"Speaking."

[Image: 13481303_KpOIcOG7drxHK9U.png?1556314753]
we'll fulfill our dreams
and we'll be free

Messages In This Thread
you can fly - by Samaira - 04-02-2019, 09:56 AM
RE: you can fly - by Israfel - 04-28-2019, 10:11 PM
RE: you can fly - by Samaira - 05-06-2019, 07:50 PM
RE: you can fly - by Israfel - 06-04-2019, 09:30 AM
RE: you can fly - by Samaira - 07-19-2019, 11:27 AM