Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - you can fly

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 60 — Threads: 8
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

samaira
Jump, take a leap of faith,
shake your heart awake beneath.
You have all it takes, open your wings.

Israfel presses closer to Samaira and she lifts her head, regarding the Warden with moon-silver eyes. As she begins to speak, it appears that Alaunus' grand display has had some sort of effect on the ivory pegasus.

Why not try now. It was the million dollar question of the day, of course. Samaira shifts her weight and shifts her wings and looks skyward. It is clear and blue and as beautiful a day as any she could ask for to test out her wing. But she has spent so long grounded, so many years longing to touch the sky. And then she had, and she'd been struck down.

What if it's not everything she has built it up to be in her mind?

"Well, I, ah…" the words drift off as Alaunus' makes it back to her side. He implores her with his gaze, "We won't let you fall," he says, and she can feel his reassurance across their bond, as warm in her heart as the sun is upon her back. "Okay… yes." She is still hesitant, her heart still beating rapidly with her fears.

But she's not alone anymore, and more than that, she is not captive to her fears. She doesn't need to be captive to them, like she once had been. There is nobody here to stop her from doing the one thing her heart has always wanted.

She looks at her companions and takes a deep breath, and then turns her face to the sky and the sun. "Okay, alright," her wings flare again, catching the breeze as it pushes against the long, tapered feathers. Alaunus flares his too, and, "1," begins to count, "2, 3!" His wings press down toward the ground, stretching and stretching, until he is airborne.

Samaira closes her eyes, breathes, and follows suit. Everything feels like it is in slow motion. Her wings flap once, twice, and she can feel each of her hooves leaving behind the crutch of solid ground beneath her.

She doesn't open her eyes again until she feels nothing but air surrounding her.

And when she does, and she looks down and sees the plains getting farther and farther away from her, Samaira could laugh. She could weep, and shout, and her heart skips a little in her chest at the surge of emotions. Her vision blurs slightly as tears begin to pool in her eyes. "Alaunus… Alaunus!" she says twisting in the sky. "I'm here," he responds, closing in on her left side, gliding along on his grand wings.

Samaira looks for Israfel next, silver eyes searching for the ivory and gold woman among the stretch of blue. "I really can't believe I'm flying," she says aloud, to nobody in particular. "This is," she pauses, catching the cry that burns at her heart, "Well, I just never thought this would happen."

"Speaking."

[Image: 13481303_KpOIcOG7drxHK9U.png?1556314753]
we'll fulfill our dreams
and we'll be free

Messages In This Thread
you can fly - by Samaira - 04-02-2019, 09:56 AM
RE: you can fly - by Israfel - 04-28-2019, 10:11 PM
RE: you can fly - by Samaira - 05-06-2019, 07:50 PM
RE: you can fly - by Israfel - 06-04-2019, 09:30 AM
RE: you can fly - by Samaira - 07-19-2019, 11:27 AM