Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - i will always love you

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 164 — Threads: 28
Signos: 385
Inactive Character

There were so many things that were running through her head. With a new title came new responsibilities. She would be expected to lead Denocte into battle, to be a leader for those that needed direction. She would be responsible for bringing Raum to justice. She had met the stallion only once, and he had always made her feel uneasy. She knew it would be a difficult task to complete, but she knew that all would be well. She knew that if she just put in the time and dedication, then anything she set her mind to was possible.

Leaning into Metaphor for comfort, she takes in his words of encouragement and manages to smile at him. “She must…I can only hope I can meet her expectations of me.” Katniss only worried that she would not be the soldier that Isra, that Denocte, needed her to be. There was such a large margin for error that Katniss felt as though she might fail her queen and her court.

But then Metaphor is saying that he will fight alongside her and Denocte if she were to ask it of him. She smiles at him as she turns to lap affectionately at his mane. “I need you to be here when the soldiers come back needing tending to. You have a skill set I only wish I could possess.” Just as much as Night Court needed soldiers with brute strength to fight, they also needed medics to remain at home to help mend the wounds the soldiers came home with. His job was just as important as her own, even if he stayed on Night Court soil.

There is a silence that seems to take over them, a stillness that seems to ease her worries. She sighs, taking comfort in Metaphor’s presence beside her. She looks down at the snow at her feet, wishing that the snow would melt away the fears that the citizens of Night Court had and replace them with blossoms of hope for the future. “Spring is coming. Perhaps there will be new life in Denocte that you can protect.” Children were often born in the spring, children of Denocte citizens and children of the fauna that called this place home. New life was crucial to the ongoing support of Denocte. A new generation would be born with clean slates to mold into beautiful minds. Metaphor would be good at that job. The more she thought about it, the more she began to realize that Metaphor would be a good father.

@Metaphor

Messages In This Thread
i will always love you - by Katniss - 04-05-2019, 07:58 AM
RE: i will always love you - by Metaphor - 04-13-2019, 07:26 AM
RE: i will always love you - by Katniss - 04-22-2019, 06:51 AM
RE: i will always love you - by Metaphor - 06-07-2019, 12:51 PM
RE: i will always love you - by Katniss - 06-08-2019, 10:24 AM
RE: i will always love you - by Metaphor - 06-19-2019, 12:46 PM
RE: i will always love you - by Katniss - 06-24-2019, 09:40 PM
RE: i will always love you - by Metaphor - 07-07-2019, 08:32 AM
RE: i will always love you - by Katniss - 07-07-2019, 12:01 PM