Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - i will always love you

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Firefly [PM] Posts: 31 — Threads: 2
Signos: 0
Deceased Character

He knew she would be an able and welcome leader for Denocte, even if she didn’t see it in herself.  If Katniss had one fault, it was self-doubt.  She would rise to the occasion, heeding the call of those who cried for help, just as she had so many times before.  Though he hadn’t met Isra, he knew enough to respect her already, for recognizing Katniss’ prowess and utility for Denocte.  Though their nation was broken now and without direction, his lover knew better than anyone how to lead, and she would easily be able to rally them around a cause.  Already, so many were itching to fight back, it was just a matter of providing a strategic direction.

As she reminds him once more that his place off of the battlefield was just as needed, Metaphor nods, understanding the wisdom in her words.  I should hope that my services would not be needed… but it is naïve to think that no one will be harmed in such events.  I would ask you to be careful, but I know you will.  Finnick will be of assistance too – your eyes from the sky.  He took comfort in knowing the eagle could be with Katniss while he might not be, knowing that they could look out for one another.

Still, it was only natural for him to worry.  As the chestnut stallion looked over the land which had quickly become home, he shivers in the stillness of winter – wondering – worrying about what came next.  Surely, the war would take a toll on all of them, and while they would prepare and be ready as they could be, their fight would not be without its casualties.  With more than just pride at stake, he knew that the fight was inevitable and justified, but his desire for peace would still be an unrealized goal for the future.

She mentions the children, and a whimsical sort of smile crosses his face, as he thinks of his mother Fera.  Long ago, she had taken in all of the lost and orphaned foals, and he’d been raised alongside two foster sisters.  It was in his blood, you could say, to care for the innocent.  He thought too of Creeper, and a quick tinge of sadness washed over him along with guilt, as he wonders where she might have gone.  Still, it would be nice to care for children once more.

Reaching out to lip at her mane, he wonders if the two of them might have children of their own someday… but as was his way, the stallion is quiet on the matter, simply responding to her suggestion with a quiet, I’d like that…  It would be best for all of them to dwell on happier futures, and here with his queen by his side in the stillness of morning, Metaphor can do just that.

Metaphor
medic of the night court
dante & taya.

@Katniss – I dropped most of my chars so I can focus on keeping Metaphor and Pan active – will try to be better about posting quicker.  Definitely interested in keeping their arc going.

m e t a p h o r

Messages In This Thread
i will always love you - by Katniss - 04-05-2019, 07:58 AM
RE: i will always love you - by Metaphor - 04-13-2019, 07:26 AM
RE: i will always love you - by Katniss - 04-22-2019, 06:51 AM
RE: i will always love you - by Metaphor - 06-07-2019, 12:51 PM
RE: i will always love you - by Katniss - 06-08-2019, 10:24 AM
RE: i will always love you - by Metaphor - 06-19-2019, 12:46 PM
RE: i will always love you - by Katniss - 06-24-2019, 09:40 PM
RE: i will always love you - by Metaphor - 07-07-2019, 08:32 AM
RE: i will always love you - by Katniss - 07-07-2019, 12:01 PM