Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - i will always love you

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 164 — Threads: 28
Signos: 385
Inactive Character

Katniss wished that the mission she was about to set out on would not cause harm to herself, Isra, or the other members of Night Court. And yet, she knew that was a naïve thought. In war there are casualties. Lives would be lost and others changed for good. She wished she could prevent all of that, but there was no way to. She couldn’t protect everyone, no matter how hard she might try. “There will always be casualties of war. I can only hope to prevent many of them.” She just hoped for Metaphor’s sake, she wasn’t one of those that would be lost. Finnick would surely die and a part of Metaphor would die as well.

She tries to lighten the mood, to talk of spring and new life. Denocte would be full of new life when the snow began to melt. Foals to play alongside their mothers, fawns hiding out in the tall grasses, and baby birds chirping in their nest calling out for their breakfast. It was a pleasant thought, one that warmed the put of her stomach.

She looked to Metaphor, knowing that he would make a great father, if not for her own children, then as a father figure for others. Perhaps if things did not work out between them (though she was hopeful her love for Metaphor would last and was reciprocated), then he would have foals of his own with someone else. He deserved to be happy in that sense. He deserved so much.

She can feel the lap of his lips against her mane and she sighs contently. She presses her body against his own, leaning against him to nuzzle against his nape. She is not sure if she will be a good mother. After all, she does not have a good mothering history. But the way he tells her that he’d like to protect new life, it makes her wonder if she should just try. She had been so scared to be a mother after what had happened with her twins. But perhaps she just needed to take the plunge. “Can you see yourself as a true father?” Not the sort of father that watched over someone elses’ foals, but the sort of father that watched over and protected his own foals. Could he see that sort of life with her? Even after knowing what she had done to her daughters?

@Metaphor

Messages In This Thread
i will always love you - by Katniss - 04-05-2019, 07:58 AM
RE: i will always love you - by Metaphor - 04-13-2019, 07:26 AM
RE: i will always love you - by Katniss - 04-22-2019, 06:51 AM
RE: i will always love you - by Metaphor - 06-07-2019, 12:51 PM
RE: i will always love you - by Katniss - 06-08-2019, 10:24 AM
RE: i will always love you - by Metaphor - 06-19-2019, 12:46 PM
RE: i will always love you - by Katniss - 06-24-2019, 09:40 PM
RE: i will always love you - by Metaphor - 07-07-2019, 08:32 AM
RE: i will always love you - by Katniss - 07-07-2019, 12:01 PM