Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - a silent, faulty feeling

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Avis [PM] Posts: 25 — Threads: 3
Signos: 200
Inactive Character

She put on a show for him--donned a persona she played in the Night Court Marketplace quite frequently to get attention, to set up a stealth, to be doted over like a child; whatever she needed, she would get. So she reprised her role there along the cliffside because he was her next target, and oh, who could resist a damsel in distress? He certainly was playing along well, and though he showed signs of potentially seeing through her rouge he never pursued the possibility that she was lying.

She almost felt bad for how easily her trick was working.

The white pegasus might've had a truly noble heart; she didn't know of him besides his nearly indiscernible twin and generally peppy attitude. But based on the information passed along to her, he was no one to underestimate. The knowledge he knew about a secret mission to take down the Night Court was dangerous in the wrong hands, and she needed to extract what he knew first before anyone else could get hold of him. Little did she know that information given to her was wrong...

The small boy helped her up and she stepped gingerly on the leg she pretended was injured, giving him a pained smile as thanks for his kindness. She at least made sure to put most of her weight against his shoulder to avoid his wing as requested; she wasn't malicious to those who showed her a sense of decency, and the snowstorm beside her had done nothing but. She would make sure he was taken care of at the Scarab once she got him there.

If she could get him there.

She listened to him about Atreus, only knowing him by name. She had no interest unless he could be of service to her, and perhaps she should make a house visit to him later to establish a useful relationship. But quickly the conversation turned worrisome again, for he expressed doubt at her mention of the Night Court. She allowed him to process and he eventually agreed--the hand loosened its restrictive hold on her heart, and she wondered if there was anything he would say no to. The mention of Moira lit a bulb above her head; she hadn't planned on using the Night Court Emissary to her advantage, but he presented her with the perfect opportunity and she couldn't refuse such a gift. "Yes, Moira. She must be worried about me, I have been gone far too long..." she trailed off wistfully, a desolate sigh whispering between her ribs.

At the boy's agreement to help her along, Manon continued to feign inability to walk properly. "Say, do you know Moira well? She is sweet, no?" She passed along a smile, an encouragement to talk so that he wouldn't focus too much on her fake injury. The boat grew in the near distance and as they reached beachy sands she paused to allow them both to rest. "You should come with me, if you will? It won't be long, and I can thank you properly once I am home. A rare treasure from my collection, perhaps? I am certain Moira would welcome a visit as well." Coyly she tried to find any purchase she could on getting him in the boat with her in a cooperative manner. How she would hate to resort to using force on such a gentle-hearted soul.
Build me up just to bring me down
'Cause you don't want me to take the crown
CREDITS

@Erd i figured we could wrap this thread up in the next round of replies and move it over to the night marketplace c:

TO LIVE MY LIFE THE WAY I WANT
TO SAY AND DO WHATEVER I PLEASE
click for character page

(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
a silent, faulty feeling - by Erd - 04-10-2019, 08:13 PM
RE: a silent, faulty feeling - by Manon - 04-10-2019, 09:55 PM
RE: a silent, faulty feeling - by Erd - 04-10-2019, 10:37 PM
RE: a silent, faulty feeling - by Manon - 04-11-2019, 12:11 AM
RE: a silent, faulty feeling - by Erd - 04-12-2019, 08:03 PM
RE: a silent, faulty feeling - by Manon - 04-18-2019, 10:54 PM
RE: a silent, faulty feeling - by Erd - 05-06-2019, 03:57 AM