Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - we drew in revelry;

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline bruiser [PM] Posts: 99 — Threads: 13
Signos: 1,000
Inactive Character

let our eyes show the 
fire in our hearts tonight

Her eyes focus on the petal that falls between them, grateful for a way to avert her gaze, to hopefully hide some of the emotions that play across her face so freely. Could she be something other than a warrior, a soldier, the sword and shield that strove to defend Terrastella with every fiber of her being? Even with the weight of the world on her shoulders as the Champion of Battle, she couldn’t imagine herself in any other role, couldn’t picture herself as a diplomat or even as a civilian.

She was a soldier, through and through. She had been born to fight in a world full of injustice, and fight she would.

“Mother,” She corrects Florentine with a tone almost forced in its casual nature, the tip of her tail twitching back and forth like a cat; there is something watchful in the way she looks at the former queen, now, waiting for the reaction to this news. “He carried me. My father is an opium-addicted rapist who also happens to be a god, I doubt he gives a shit about my existence.” There is something sharp and savage in the way she tells the story of her actual father, despite the almost monotone depth of her voice, something that hints at a scar that still feels fresh despite being healed over.

Her mother had been both parents for her, but at times, she still longed to have had a father who had been a proper parent, rather than an absolute disappointment.

She is grateful for Florentine’s attention to be on the paper before her, because when Marisol’s name is mentioned she cannot help the flash of emotion that crosses her face, the hurt and the heartache that shadows her eyes before she can fight it away and bottle it up. “I know that Marisol will keep Terrastella safe,” She replies when she can trust her voice to be even. I am not so sure about my heart, however.

credits

@Florentine

she wasn't looking for a knight,
she was looking for a sword.

Messages In This Thread
we drew in revelry; - by Florentine - 04-13-2019, 11:21 AM
RE: we drew in revelry; - by Theodosia - 04-17-2019, 08:57 PM
RE: we drew in revelry; - by Florentine - 04-26-2019, 07:33 AM
RE: we drew in revelry; - by Theodosia - 05-02-2019, 01:31 PM
RE: we drew in revelry; - by Florentine - 05-04-2019, 02:50 PM
RE: we drew in revelry; - by Theodosia - 07-04-2019, 01:00 PM
RE: we drew in revelry; - by Florentine - 07-25-2019, 05:26 AM