Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Head over heart when you look at me

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Fiona

FIONA
we will press promises between us like flowers in a book

The first thing that Fiona was certain of when Atreus uncorked the top of that little bottle and it fizzed into the open air, was that it did not smell anything like she would have imagined based on its appearance. It had a sort of vinegar sharpness, paired with undertones of mint. To be honest, it smelled like something she might dress a salad with. How curious.

His gentle encouragement convinced her to take the bottle without much pause, but once she held it she could not help but look into its softly glowing depths and wonder how much this tiny little potion would change her entire life. Like the delicate flap of a butterfly’s wings.

Fiona looked into Atreus’ eyes, for courage, for assuredness, for love. What would others think, once they started to find out? Oh, she just hoped they would not think less of her for it. She hoped they would be as understanding and supportive as the man in front of her. Fiona smiled, softly, and then took in a deep breath to steady her suddenly racing heart.

After a moment, she brought the glass vial to her lips and tipped it back.

The second thing she was certain of is that it did not taste as it smelled, nor as it looked. It was quite bland but somehow bitter, the flavor sticking to her tongue and all the way down her throat. It had a strange, warming sensation, and she could almost feel it settle into her stomach. But to tell the truth, she had expected to feel something more. Something magical, she supposed, even though Fiona knew it was more science than magic.

As she placed the now empty bottle back onto the table, she couldn’t help but begin to think: “What do I do now? Is something supposed to happen? Did it work?” She looked at Atreus, confused and questioning. How would she know if it had worked at all? Certainly it wouldn’t have failed, she knew he was very good at what he did.

"Thought-casting."
credits

@Atreus in which Fiona has no idea how to do what she's already doing

Messages In This Thread
Head over heart when you look at me - by Atreus - 04-15-2019, 09:16 PM
RE: Head over heart when you look at me - by Fiona - 04-26-2019, 02:08 PM
RE: Head over heart when you look at me - by Fiona - 05-14-2019, 02:30 PM
RE: Head over heart when you look at me - by Fiona - 08-14-2019, 11:47 AM