Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - wish i had a wish

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 60 — Threads: 8
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

my spirit's veering flight
like swallows under evening skies.
The bonfire reaches high into the sky, stretching and stretching towards the stars that are twinkling so far above them. Samaira stands with the heat of the fire on her skin and looks at the stars that she wishes she could touch. She can fly so many places now that her wing is healed, and still so much is beyond her reach.

There is a deep yearning inside her that Samaira is not sure can ever be filled now. She’s not sure where it came from, when it yawned open, or what it is that she’s missing. Here in Terrastella she has more than she ever had before. Doesn’t she?

A gentle touch to her shoulder reminds her that she is not alone. The bay pegasus looks at Alaunus where he stands faithfully by her side, leaning just slightly against her to ward off the winter chill in the air. The young heron is, perhaps, the most wonderful gift Samaira has ever recieved, even as he mindlessly chatters in the back of her thoughts.

“...I hope they are keeping an eye on this fire, how do you think they got it so big? How long do you think it will burn for? Are you just going to stand here all night or are you going to go mingle? You could go see what all those equines are doing on the edge of the cliff. Hopefully they aren’t thinking about jumping…” Samaira laughs to herself, and a smile turns up the corners of her lips.

“Are you listening to me?” he says suddenly, a little indignantly. Alaunus straightens out and narrow his sky blue eyes at Samaira. “Yes, yes of course. You’re wondering if a handful of horses are going to leap to their deaths. My goodness, Alaunus, I highly doubt that is what they’re doing.” He ruffles his feathers and glances toward the cliff.

“Well, then why don’t you go find out…?” the heron says suggestively, and if he had brows she knows he’d be raising them.
@Moira c:

[Image: 13481303_KpOIcOG7drxHK9U.png?1556314753]
we'll fulfill our dreams
and we'll be free

Messages In This Thread
wish i had a wish - by Samaira - 04-27-2019, 11:48 AM
RE: wish i had a wish - by Moira - 04-27-2019, 11:28 PM
RE: wish i had a wish - by Samaira - 04-28-2019, 08:37 AM