Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - wish i had a wish

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 60 — Threads: 8
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

my spirit's veering flight
like swallows under evening skies.
The other woman's voice causes Samaira to turn, her moon-bright eyes regarding the pegasus who is made of ash and fire. She glows, perhaps from the fire light, but perhaps she just glows. Maybe there is fire light inside her, as well. She considers the words, and stretches her left wing before nestling it back against her side.

She had flown, and then plummeted and fell.

There is a faux spark in her eyes, made from the flickering of the towering flames. She remembers falling, and falling. And then nothing, until she woke here. In the swamp, whose trees cannot be seen from the cliffs. Especially not in the dark. "And if they are wanting to fall?"

Samaira remembers a different kind of falling. The kind that felt like flying, like drifting along on a cloud. The kind that Cassius had used to draw her in. The weight sits heavier upon her shoulders than her wings ever could have, even when they were useless. Even when they were her curse, to be the cause of her death.

She resists the urge to turn back to the equines on the cliffs to get them to neither fly nor fall. Not to condemn themselves in that way. Her heart, it sings a haunting song of the melancholy that has claimed her bones.

Alaunus, so young but so acutely aware of her feelings, ruffles his feathers. "Don't scare off your company now. You really need to make friends. Not that I don't like what we have but you should probably get some horse friends." The heron, iridescent and bright bright, turns his blue eyes on the woman of sunrise and smoke and begins to speak.

Not in a language any of them could hope to understand, but his strange croaking barks fill the air. About them, a few patrons turn and stare, their conversations halted. Samaira is used to it, Alaunus speaks more than enough for the two of them whether or not anyone knows what he is saying.

"Alaunus, please," Samaira thinks, perhaps, he might be asking their new companion something like 'please make her friendless existence less boring'. She might be exaggerating, a little bit, but she certain wouldn't put it past the young heron. "You know we don't speak 'honk'", she says, though she's teasing.

"Maybe someday I'll get lucky," he says, turning toward her, "I'll never know if I don't try." And then, if he could smirk she knows he would because she can feel the knowing that passes between them. "Now… doesn't that sound familiar?"

It is indeed something he has told her before. Samaira sighs in something like resignment. It would be nice if this was one of those times he chose to be blessedly quiet. "Why don't you go fishing?" Alaunus ruffles his feathers again, this time in indignation, but eventually bows his head to their company, gives Samaira as stern a look as a heron can manage and then opens his great wings and takes off into the sky.

"He's… well he's quite special, but I wouldn't trade him for a thing," the earth woman says, finally settling her gaze back on the other pegasus, the barest touch of a smile curling at the corners of her lips.
@Moira not really sure how to explain this post...

[Image: 13481303_KpOIcOG7drxHK9U.png?1556314753]
we'll fulfill our dreams
and we'll be free

Messages In This Thread
wish i had a wish - by Samaira - 04-27-2019, 11:48 AM
RE: wish i had a wish - by Moira - 04-27-2019, 11:28 PM
RE: wish i had a wish - by Samaira - 04-28-2019, 08:37 AM