Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [MEETING] we could be giants

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Yana

Speaks | Thoughts

Chest deep in murky water, the witch pays no mind to the rain and its gentle taping on her starry back. Black lips form a frown as she focuses on the task at hand: braiding the broad green leaves of cattail plants into thicker cords. Had it not been for Kaladin and those coins I would never have known one could use their mind in such a way. She is clumsy at the task at first, but after several hours of devoted concentration she has managed to construct a dozen fibrous ropes. The hag's grey gaze scans the pile of braids to ensure she has estimated correctly. This should be enough for the first one. 

Before she has a chance to act on phase two of her scheme, however, a distant command from the south reaches her ears. A similar call has summoned the witch before; as annoyed as she is by the interruption the girl knows better than to ignore it. Not after the deal she has struck with the sovereign of these lands. Regardless, she could have summoned me at a better time. I have important matters to tend to if she expects to have a fully functioning witch in her court. 

And with that, she drags one last bushel of cattail leaves to the largest of the marshy isles that make up her home. The witch's ivory tail lashes against her legs once she's ashore, sending out rivulets of swamp water to join spring showers in their attempt to drown the land. Her eyes turn to the towering black obelisk that stands guard in the middle of the swamp. "I trust you'll keep an eye out for trespassers while I'm gone?" She receives no answer of course, but a cunning smile spreads across her lips as she turns away on scrawny black hips. I'll uncover your secret one day I'm sure. Maybe then you will truly stand guard over my swamp.

---

The hag's arrival is announced by the hoarse coughs and harsh gasps erupting from her throat. Perhaps another would feel ashamed for their tardiness, but the witch composes herself quickly and keeps her distance from the crowd with no betrayal of any such emotion. It is hard for her to express regret after so many years under her mother's care: it did little to lessen the effects of Umbra's wrath in the past, and why is it any different now? She is here at the very least, and Rannveig already knows of her intention to provide her aid to the Dusk Court in return for refuge in the swamp. If it is her Sovereign's desire to make her rank known amongst these strangers so be it, just as it is her business to promote the girl as she sees fit.

Not that all of you are strange to me. After briefly surveying the crowd grey eyes settle on Damascus' dark figure. It has been some time since she last spoke to the winged warrior, and she should have liked to share his company again- until the girl's gaze narrows at the sight of the wench astride him. Something inside her star-spangled frame ignites, and her once emotionless stare transforms into something far more exciting: behind the witch's gaze a storm has begun to brew. Have you any idea what you've done?

OOC| Herd meetings have the best drama, don't they? XD @Rannveig You're welcome to place my witch into whatever position you see fit. We are quite content to be anywhere you need us!

take a trip to your dark side,
go on and have a good cry
Headshot by Empluvie | Code by Clarity

Messages In This Thread
[MEETING] we could be giants - by Rannveig - 07-05-2017, 09:53 AM
RE: [MEETING] we could be giants - by Inara - 07-06-2017, 03:04 PM
RE: [MEETING] we could be giants - by Auru - 07-06-2017, 09:44 PM
RE: [MEETING] we could be giants - by Máni - 07-09-2017, 09:58 PM
RE: [MEETING] we could be giants - by Damascus - 07-10-2017, 01:36 AM
RE: [MEETING] we could be giants - by Morozko - 07-11-2017, 06:54 PM
RE: [MEETING] we could be giants - by Florentine - 07-12-2017, 06:25 AM
RE: [MEETING] we could be giants - by Weir - 07-12-2017, 12:46 PM