Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - The Fire Finds a Home in Me

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 164 — Threads: 28
Signos: 385
Inactive Character

The idea of rebuilding is not lost on her. The moment she saw the fires, she knew they would rebuild. They would put out the fires, seek vengeance for the one who orchestrated this, and rebuild what was destroyed. She had seen the way kingdoms crumbled and she had always been there to pick up the pieces and to aid the rulers in their plight for justice.

This was not a new thing for Katniss, however, she wished she didn’t have to experience it here. She had thought she had found the perfect home in Novus, but she had been mistaken. First the gods destroyed it, then individuals. Why couldn’t others just respect what was given to them and cultivate it. Let the earth each them. And yet, no one where was willing to listen, it seemed. They were too focused on gaining power and prestige that no one cared about what was happening everywhere else. It was a sad fate, a lonely fate. It pained Katniss to know that so many people had so little faith in the few trying to do right in this world. No good deed goes unpunished, it seemed.

Isra’s words bring a heavy sigh to her lips. She cannot help but look out at the smoking rubble, the crumbled buildings and ruined rations. She had to keep positive, at least no lives were lost. “Aye…and we will again.” She knows she has to help Night Court, to be the one to carry the boulders. So few had the strength she had, the brute force required to physically rebuild. “…but we shouldn’t have to. This like this shouldn’t happen.” Perhaps if she had kept better boarders, patrolled better, got to know all those traveling through Nigh Court. If she had just done her job maybe this wouldn’t have happened. She shouldn’t blame herself, but she does. She blames herself for letting her guard down, for not being the soldier she was bred to be. Even though Raum might have orchestrated this attack, she felt responsible.

The promise of justice that falls from Isra’s lips bring upon a nod. She knows that he will die for this and she knows that Isra will lead the hunt for him. She cannot help but think, no know, that she will be close behind. “And I will be alongside you when we does. Together we will avenge him.” She could not let her queen do this task alone. She couldn’t watch Isra march off to war and be comfortable with knowing that she might not come back. If anyone was going to come home in a body bag, it would be her over her queen.

She feels the tender brush against her shoulder and she leans into Isra, a silent thanks for the comfort. She knows what her task is ahead of her, no matter how much she might not like it. “We gather the soldiers, train, wait for the right time to strike.” She looks to her queen and her eyes grow solemn. “Until then we should advise people to move into the city, where they can be closely protected. It’s far easier to protect them in the citadel than it is to protect them scattered across the land.” As much as she hated that she might have to leave the small home she shared with Finnick and Metaphor, she would do anything to protect the two men in her life that meant more to her than life itself. She would do anything for them. As if he knew the unspoken words she thought, Finnick brushed his wing alongside her ribs, giving her comfort to know that he would do his part to protect Night Court as well.

@Isra

Messages In This Thread
The Fire Finds a Home in Me - by Katniss - 05-08-2019, 05:11 PM
RE: The Fire Finds a Home in Me - by Isra - 05-14-2019, 12:48 PM
RE: The Fire Finds a Home in Me - by Katniss - 05-31-2019, 08:44 AM
RE: The Fire Finds a Home in Me - by Isra - 06-14-2019, 02:07 PM
RE: The Fire Finds a Home in Me - by Katniss - 06-24-2019, 09:26 PM
RE: The Fire Finds a Home in Me - by Isra - 07-06-2019, 02:05 PM
RE: The Fire Finds a Home in Me - by Katniss - 07-07-2019, 09:35 AM
RE: The Fire Finds a Home in Me - by Isra - 07-13-2019, 06:14 PM